just give it a good BARF diet and it will be fine , for it to have CT both parent must carry the gene and it can show up at anytime in its life its mainly pure beddys that will get it but its pretty rare these days if its been crossed with fell/lakie blood in the last few genarations then your 99.9% sure it wont ever be affected by CT now stop worrying and enjoy the dog

if it has been crossed with a fell/lakie, dose that mean its a mongrol and not bedlington? :hmm:

imo it means its a fell/bedy or lakie/ bedy call it what it is and be honest to many make peds up for money the very thing that f....d the bedlington up in the first place i think most xs will be called xs by the lads that bred them theyv bred that way for a reason hope its for the right 1 far to much bulls..t in the bedy world and not enough honesty :blink:

if it has been crossed with a fell/lakie, dose that mean its a mongrol and not bedlington? :hmm:

imo it means its a fell/bedy or lakie/ bedy call it what it is and be honest to many make peds up for money the very thing that f....d the bedlington up in the first place i think most xs will be called xs by the lads that bred them theyv bred that way for a reason hope its for the right 1 far to much bulls..t in the bedy world and not enough honesty :blink:

I would like to know how many people on here actually work pure beddies, theirs pleanty that work bedlington X's but actually call them bedlingtons. To me they are mongerals.

plenty claim to have pure bedys working but such a dog doesnt exist, kc bred other dogs into the lines ie poodle, the workers seem to have something else that peps them up be it lakie or fell some used border id say it was unfair to call them mongrels alot of them are purpose bred couldnt realy call a lakie/russel a mongrel so why a bedy/fell.if you put another bloodline in isnt that an outcross

why not call them curly terriers, because thats what they are, if you line a lakie with a russel, are the off spring called,lakies or russels,if a bedlington is crossed with any type off terrier their off spring are bedlintons. what type of terrier do you work?

I would like to know how many people on here actually work pure beddies, theirs pleanty that work bedlington X's but actually call them bedlingtons. To me they are mongerals.

The so called x breds are a truer reflection of the original Bedlington terrier,in looks and working ability.The KC type Beddy not only lacks type but more importantly the working aspect of the true breed,in the vast majority of cases.

The so called x breds are a truer reflection of the original Bedlington terrier,in looks and working ability.The KC type Beddy not only lacks type but more importantly the working aspect of the true breed,in the vast majority of cases.

Seen pictures of the original working bedlingtons, they do not differ much from the KC bedlingtons of today other than size. The only reason I believe the boarder/lakie was added to the original bedlington was for the coat, because it could not cope very well with the elements of the cold weather.

Seen pictures of the original working bedlingtons, they do not differ much from the KC bedlingtons of today other than size. The only reason I believe the boarder/lakie was added to the original bedlington was for the coat, because it could not cope very well with the elements of the cold weather.

I don,t know what pictures or dogs youve been looking at,all ill say,after i stop laughing,get to the optician.

I don,t know what pictures or dogs youve been looking at,all ill say,after i stop laughing,get to the optician.

Laugh at me Mr Big Bedlington Man, but I read the threads and your comments to swansea jack. And talk about laugh, I nearly fell off my chair with your stupid immature comments. Say no more..

Laugh at me Mr Big Bedlington Man, but I read the threads and your comments to swansea jack. And talk about laugh, I nearly fell off my chair with your stupid immature comments. Say no more..

Now,now,im no expert and still have a lot to learn and don,t mind admitting it,ive my Beddys here that suit my needs and purpose.But,when somebody comes out with the hilarious comment that KC Beddys are a true reflection of the ORIGINAL type terrier,even i,in my ignorance have to have a chuckle,Now trot along to specsavers and thanks for the laugh.