Large Or Small?

The varied tool box thats a good descripton.

I certainly wouldnt want to be digging all the time only to find rabbits with there backend eaten off. Leave this to the macho men.

Also i like a ferret that allows you to draw the rabbit fromthe dig while he is still on without taking a lump out of you

F

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Like Tomo ,i've had all sorts,bucks and does ,big and little, my take on the question is ,if they don't kill ,they ain't much good, i think a good killer will get stuck in and shift rabbits , them slo

A mix.   But if i had to have one ferret and one ferret only, i would opt for a medium - strapping jill.

seen good and bad in both,, and owned em....   on the hole i prefer a small to meduim jill,,, 2 main reasons,, 1st i can get more ferrets in a carrying box,, if your doing big places this is a real

one of the lads I ferret with has a fairly small Hob which works well, I'm now thinking why not put him over my medium sized albino Gill to make myself up a smaller line... it will then give me the best of both worlds with my larger working Hobs and the smaller line too.

also bumped into a old boy who beats on this estate and got on the subject of Ferreting, he mentioned some of the Ferrets he used many years ago was very small compared to the likes these days? no idea how true this is :hmm:.....

whats big to you and what sets you work and how many rabs you after will always determin the type of ferrret a man has and keeps , ille go thrcough ferrets and maybe only get 1 a year worth talikng about , all depends how many pups i keep or kits , if i have two or three young ones if one turns out a cracker well then lept others get put to sleep or less emanding home , it helps if they come of good working stalk , my attitude with ferrets they go down bolt whats left gets dug 2 what i do hate is aferret that moves of akill once digging starts and rabit moves usaly aferet thtas to lite for the game

one of the lads I ferret with has a fairly small Hob which works well, I'm now thinking why not put him over my medium sized albino Gill to make myself up a smaller line... it will then give me the best of both worlds with my larger working Hobs and the smaller line too.

also bumped into a old boy who beats on this estate and got on the subject of Ferreting, he mentioned some of the Ferrets he used many years ago was very small compared to the likes these days? no idea how true this is :hmm:.....

its not

I certainly wouldnt want to be digging all the time only to find rabbits with there backend eaten off. Leave this to the macho men.

Also i like a ferret that allows you to draw the rabbit fromthe dig while he is still on without taking a lump out of you

F

you dig ,when you have to dig ,no one likes to dig all the time ,but when you do ,you just have to get on with it ,whats macho about it ? :hmm:

F

you dig ,when you have to dig ,no one likes to dig all the time ,but when you do ,you just have to get on with it ,whats macho about it ? :hmm:

Nothing macho about digging "all the time" at all, but with certain sizes of ferrets you dig more often for the same results as "smaller" ferrets. I prefer mine to kill and move on. That's the beauty of locators, more often than not nothing is left behind.

The small hob we use is a cracker .

But we seem to dig a lot more on him than the jill.

Think we have only dug on her twice this season.

She is ideal for winkling one or two out of awkward situations such as under oak trees steel containors or stable floors

Its a combination that seems to work for us

• Like 1

The small hob we use is a cracker .

But we seem to dig a lot more on him than the jill.

Think we have only dug on her twice this season.

She is ideal for winkling one or two out of awkward situations such as under oak trees steel containors or stable floors

Its a combination that seems to work for us