Thank you for all for your very kind comments, I'm humbled,

Hannah, the D4 looks like an amazing camera but then the price of th D3x is gonna drop a lot, I'm sure you'd be able to get as nice a images with the D3x, and as we both know if you have good glass you have good images, personally I'd buy a really well looked after low mileage used D3x and buy some nice glass, good luck with whatever you choose, whats the wait time for D4s ?

I'll be buying new, so its really just a toss up between the 2, the D4 is expected Feb/March here, i am very tempted, although will prove to be an expensive upgrade with the batteries and memory cards. Video doesn't faze me as i wouldn't use it, but that said if you have it then who knows. The FPS and immense ISO range are the bits that get me excited, as you well know, hounds going in and out of cover, dogs on the move in shadowy winter sun, and general shit, grey english weather . . . . the ISO performance is very important for what i shoot. I don't think the D3X will drop massively to be honest, most pros' will keep old bodies as second cameras and the second hand market for them will fly, so i should imagine they will retain their price, both new and second hand. Glass wise i'm pretty well covered, although a super wide angle would be my next buy, or a 600 2.8 . . . once the new body has earned the funds! :laugh:

Yeah 10 fps would be nice for some of my situations..

How the hell do you get a camera to earn funds? please advise.. :laugh:

Hannah, the D4 looks like an amazing camera but then the price of th D3x is gonna drop a lot, I'm sure you'd be able to get as nice a images with the D3x, and as we both know if you have good glass you have good images, personally I'd buy a really well looked after low mileage used D3x and buy some nice glass, good luck with whatever you choose, whats the wait time for D4s ?

I'll be buying new, so its really just a toss up between the 2, the D4 is expected Feb/March here, i am very tempted, although will prove to be an expensive upgrade with the batteries and memory cards. Video doesn't faze me as i wouldn't use it, but that said if you have it then who knows. The FPS and immense ISO range are the bits that get me excited, as you well know, hounds going in and out of cover, dogs on the move in shadowy winter sun, and general shit, grey english weather . . . . the ISO performance is very important for what i shoot. I don't think the D3X will drop massively to be honest, most pros' will keep old bodies as second cameras and the second hand market for them will fly, so i should imagine they will retain their price, both new and second hand. Glass wise i'm pretty well covered, although a super wide angle would be my next buy, or a 600 2.8 . . . once the new body has earned the funds! :laugh:

:laugh: I'd like to think its more the photographer than the camera, my D700 which i'm upgrading from has more than earnt its keep. If your trading as a professional photographer you need to keep up with technology, that said you can spend 10 grand on a camera and without the knowledge either business wise or camera wise to back it up, your screwed. :thumbs:

Do you make money from your photos Romany?

:laugh: I'd like to think its more the photographer than the camera, my D700 which i'm upgrading from has more than earnt its keep. If your trading as a professional photographer you need to keep up with technology, that said you can spend 10 grand on a camera and without the knowledge either business wise or camera wise to back it up, your screwed. :thumbs:

Do you make money from your photos Romany?

No..sold 2 A4 printed images about 3 years ago, an owl head study and a landing swan, £10 each, looking at them now probably 2 of the worst pics Ive taken..

Edited by Romany
  • Like 1