first attempt of hedge net

i dont think you have it set right,, unless you just waked it up quikly for a pic...

is it a trad net,, or fixed pole?? if its fixed there seems to be extra netting after the right hand peg,, also the bottom line is slack ,, and there doesnt seem to be any running kill in the net,, you might need to shorten the running lines..

other than the few aterations,, you have made yourself a good stop net, :thumbs:

Guest cookiemonsterandmerlin

Just my thoughts its too short I think a min of 25 yards as it allows you to dogleg it round like a U shape funnelling the coneys bolting down the hedgeline.

I think they will spot the net and sidestep round it.

Cheers Cookie

its about the right length mate but does'nt seem to be any bagging in it

dont worry to much about the colour, i make loads of stopnets in white poly linen

and they catch loads of rabbits, its about where you set the net mate

albert

bob you said something about drivel and learning nothing , well what you asked is a silly question all you do is shorten the net a bit of twine round it tie it to net and hang it back on youre hook and every time you run out of space you tie it again yo can even get an old electric reel rap it round as you go and still tie it to the set lenth you need , sory for the drivel but that how we done it as 14 15 year old kids ,if you no a bit about hunting fishing youl devise away to do it , to many come on hear without even trying a device or way round things ,not saying you but seems the computer is for poaching hard earnd knowledge rather than giving it

i dont think you have it set right,, unless you just waked it up quikly for a pic...

is it a trad net,, or fixed pole?? if its fixed there seems to be extra netting after the right hand peg,, also the bottom line is slack ,, and there doesnt seem to be any running kill in the net,, you might need to shorten the running lines..

other than the few aterations,, you have made yourself a good stop net, :thumbs:

Hi Tomo. I started off making it as a purse net. The netting to the right of the pole is the first few row of meshes and the ring. this has now been but off. There is plenty of running kill in the net. The net is just over 22ft long shortened down to 14ft. It's just the picture. It does look too tight in the pic, but I just ran it out and not really played with it. I promise you it does have enough bagging in it. Bottom line got tightened this morning. Just fine tuning it over the next couple of days.

Mike

Just my thoughts its too short I think a min of 25 yards as it allows you to dogleg it round like a U shape funnelling the coneys bolting down the hedgeline.

Cheers Cookie

The rabbits won't avoid the net due to the colour. And I have plenty of longer nets, this is literally just a hedge net to stop them running through the hedge. If they avoid the net, they will get picked up by the dogs.

Mike

Guest cookiemonsterandmerlin

Cheers Cookie

The rabbits won't avoid the net due to the colour. And I have plenty of longer nets, this is literally just a hedge net to stop them running through the hedge. If they avoid the net, they will get picked up by the dogs.

Mike

Mike I was saying the colour would put them off .

If you got dogs trying a bit of rope with black and white tags on though the hedge and somebody boucing it when the coney bolts, alot easier than setting a net and will push the coneys out from bolting down the hedgeline into more of a dog catching situ.

Cheers Cookie