What to put on my bitch

What do you want the resulting pup for? That will determine what you use. Open fields and long runs, yes Saluki would inject some stamina, but at the cost of some brain! Salukis aren't the easiest dogs to train, they can be, but they aren't as quick to learn as others. Headstrong would be one way to describe it, or "selctively deaf" perhaps!

Guest long-tail

Hi lads got a dh/gh/collie, want to breed her this year but not to anything , was thinking about introducing saluki to the lines ,any suggestions

Thanks

ask yourself what she lacking then go from there ;)
  • Like 1

collie/bullgrey or deerhound\bull grey

Just out of interest why would you say a bull.x?? I'd be looking on the lines of saluki whippet greyhound, hoping it will keep the height add early burst from the whippet but being able to hold with the stamina with the saluki imo

• Like 1

What do you want the resulting pup for? That will determine what you use. Open fields and long runs, yes Saluki would inject some stamina, but at the cost of some brain! Salukis aren't the easiest dogs to train, they can be, but they aren't as quick to learn as others. Headstrong would be one way to describe it, or "selctively deaf" perhaps!

Some saluki hybreds are the most laid back dogs you could wish for and i have found have been easey to get on with and train if their brought up like a working lurcher and just not used as a point and slip dog.
  • Like 1