Roe Buck.

After an exhausting two days out pigeon shooting (800 birds shot), I decided to go out myself with the gun this morning to a farm where we have a lot of game crop planted in with yellow clover, the deer love it. The farmer has been moaning about them grazing his winter wheat field next to it. I stalked in on 5 beasts and shot this nice buck out of them at about 150 yards.

459579280_ef321c6200.jpg

Shedding it's winter coat.

459579274_0a8a9a8127.jpg

Last weeks beast in the chiller.

459579244_a4666e2154.jpg

Cheers,

Mark.

Guest gypo joe

Nice clean early season buck well done Mark

was driving up to north Pertshire last week

the fields were alive with roe everywhere.

And 800 pigeon would love a day like that :yes:

Edited by gypo joe

Thanks guys, :victory:

Foxshot,

My father is a guide and I help him out at the Pigeons quite a bit. These birds were from Friday only, we had about the same number again yesterday. For the bright windless conditions, plus the fact that half the county has been drilled in this dry spell were having, we did pretty good.

Foxy,

This wasn't too heavy a buck, 38lb head and legs off, he had pretty worn teeth. He seems to have a large skull with big pedecles so I'll know better when it's boiled off. Might be bottom end bronze.

Cheers,

Mark.

Nice & welldone mark im still after a bronze yet to complete the lot.I saw a buck that would be this class but he was young say 3yrs & i thought i should leave him to see if he progesses but there not realy that rare now a day's & im sure a bronze will come by soon.

GG,

I would tend to agree with you there but the skull itself looked and felt rather large and this can make all the difference to weight, I'll know better whan it's boiled.

Either way it won't be getting scored anyway. I had a definate bornze and two borderline bronzes last year that I didn't get scored, now if it was a silver/gold......... :yes:

Cheers,

Mark.

Hi folks just a quick question.Whats this about medals for deer shooting,if some one good enlighten me,i have never done deer stalking so i don't know :no: thanks.

Nice going mj,nice bag of pigeons there.The farm i go on as been planted with rape seed and a couple of fields of wheat,so i am hoping for a good bit of pigeon shooting this year :victory: