fallow deer. how far will they travel?

Christmas eve 2010, i had just finished some xmas shopping & was travelling back to town on the motorway.

I came off the junction, and spotted 4 deer in a field, i knew by site they werent roe. So i went back on xmas day with some bino's and camera. I spotted they were fallow deer.1 Buck 1 Doe & 2 youngsters

Months later, a motorist had an accident on this roundabout, and a deer was killed, presumeably one of the fallow i seen. as in all my life i hadnt seen deer anywhere near the roundabout.

Now, i have started seeing the fallow again, and once again there is 4. Friends of mine have stated seeing them also.

My curiosity is, the nearest known herd of fallow is 40miles north, and as far as im aware, no other fallow have been spotted inbetween.

Are fallow likely to have travelled this far, and even crossing the motorway at some point. Or is it more likely a case of a few youngsters hitching a ride in the back of someones van?

I have daywalked & lamped these parts for over 8 years, and these are the only fallow deer i have seen, around here.they have no eartag's so i dont believe they are escapee's from a nearby (redundant) deer park, as they never had fallow deer anyway, just reds.

i'd like to see them breed & establish themselves in the area before anyone starts shooting (or "dogging") them,

Not sure how much or how far they do travel, my ground is not fallow ground the nearest resident fallow are probably 12 miles away but we do get a few passing through l cant say if they are from the nearest herd but l am sure its never the same animals that we get come through, so l would say 40km would be nothing for these animals to travel l have heard of tagged reds traveling 20miles plus.

one was spotted round here last year, it was seen a few times around a local garden centre that has fallow in a pen, god only knows how far it traveled to get here as the nearest population of them is well over 30 miles away

theyll travel for shelter god feeding and wll as they say like gypsys at times ,nice to see them and well good to introduce them in some areas but could make amess of a car an dimaging ayoung kid and mother gettinghit with a big buck falow that you introduced when you only have roe