pure saluki in ireland regularily taking long ears?

any pure saluki in Ireland taking long ears on a regular basis with consistency, in winter?

I have not, come across any?

Fields here, especially in the west of the country, are just too small i think and the irish hare, is not easy catch in our country!

I may be wrong, but liked to be prooven wrong too? :thumbs:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Have to agree i think, some west of Ireland land below and this is good land, notice the fox, i took it whilst ferreting, it come up to us to say hello...lol  

mate if it doesnt do it single then it aint livin in my house as they stay indoors,as i said if they are done right like my cousin has then pures will do it here no probs.

james go to a few shows in the summer,theres a load of pure about,I was amazed to see just how many are in the country.As for the half crosses being ignorant,lol.The dog I have is a good ferreting dog

Next pup i buy will contain some saluki as i want to try one for a change, i think there are certain places they could be handy. But i think for most of the land i hunt here I will never be without something pacey, I just couldn't see some of those saluki types getting a look in on regular land with ditches, dykes, gates and fences to overcome. Then again, I've never had one so maybe I could be very wrong ans surprised.

ive got 3 saluki crosses and 2 of them gates, fences, hedges dont make any differance at all to them .its how their brought up and run as youngsters around those sort of things.in fairness the other one fences and gates mean end of course for her .but ok round ditches hedges and dykes.

Next pup i buy will contain some saluki as i want to try one for a change, i think there are certain places they could be handy. But i think for most of the land i hunt here I will never be without something pacey, I just couldn't see some of those saluki types getting a look in on regular land with ditches, dykes, gates and fences to overcome. Then again, I've never had one so maybe I could be very wrong ans surprised.

mate my 3/4 saluki will do hedges gates woods and jump 5 ft sheep wire,can kill in small fields here no problem,he has serious speed can kill anywhere,i havnt brought him to uk yet so biklikes let me know kid LOL

Lads the question was can a pure take hares in Ireland not 3/4 or half crosses dogs but pure there is a difference.There is no reason why a pure can not take hares in Ireland if brought up in Ireland as pup and run with a lurcher type dog for a loads times that is smashing ditches gates and that so it can learn the land is running.

So l ask this why cant a pure not be able to run Ireland?????