Lamping with two dog

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Take the pup on its own when it's old enough. They don't need to watch another dog to learn how to chase a rabbit.

another trick you need plenty game to get a steady dog plus long walks with no game so they dont think walks mean game , neve rhad qdog master me yet had some done my head in but some are better worke

down to trainig and entering to do two dogs on there own , all this pulling i would soon put them strait as pups , long before they saw a feild , wouldnt have a mad pulling dog full stop not a joy to

Posted Images

owner for bad entering dog for not having the minerals as when the hares pre ban got the ears down in a 60 acre feild its up to the dog to pull her down as no training can do that its bred in them ,or not , cant make a dog run has to have it in them ,

• Like 1
Guest long-tail

Hi i have a Saluki / greyhound that no his job and have a young puppy that I like to bring on but am finding it very hard to walk both dogs and lamp cos only want to slip my saluki dog so the puppy can watch and see what he needs to do any tips would be great thanks

iv had a couple moments over the years where im out with the dogs both working off slip giving them each the nod on alternate runs,each retrieving live to hand working in perfect harmony then i wake up :laugh: ..................nothing less than a complete fecking nightmare....................iv tried working two together ok they was the same age and can put it down to my own inadequacies but when ones slipped the others pulling me arm off,retrieving becomes hit an miss the list goes on really,it aint for me,early mistake quickly learnt on my part,

better to work them individualy on the lamp till they steady and think nothing of another dog in their presence,dont mind taking a pup out to show it a few runs but thats it really for me next time its on its own,so why have two dogs,for me daytime whole different ball game,terrier bushing,lurchers hunting up etc not so much discipline needed but thats only a personel opinion obviously :thumbs:

whats early 9 months a year or some say with deerhound crosses 2 years , saw staghounds in usa out since 7 or8 months learning the game with expierenced adults, like the vids you done on you tube educaitinal for, fetching, catcher come ere, he done well ,great crack the vids you done

Hi i have a Saluki / greyhound that no his job and have a young puppy that I like to bring on but am finding it very hard to walk both dogs and lamp cos only want to slip my saluki dog so the puppy can watch and see what he needs to do any tips would be great thanks

iv had a couple moments over the years where im out with the dogs both working off slip giving them each the nod on alternate runs,each retrieving live to hand working in perfect harmony then i wake up :laugh: ..................nothing less than a complete fecking nightmare....................iv tried working two together ok they was the same age and can put it down to my own inadequacies but when ones slipped the others pulling me arm off,retrieving becomes hit an miss the list goes on really,it aint for me,early mistake quickly learnt on my part,

better to work them individualy on the lamp till they steady and think nothing of another dog in their presence,dont mind taking a pup out to show it a few runs but thats it really for me next time its on its own,so why have two dogs,for me daytime whole different ball game,terrier bushing,lurchers hunting up etc not so much discipline needed but thats only a personel opinion obviously :thumbs:

Hi bud.If your not willing to put in the time it takes fair play.Maybe some of us have higher standards.Every one to there own.Catcher. :thumbs:

• Like 1

had a pair several nites we done lots of game never thought much of it and when they were worked hard they didnt even get exited or over hard on game , as they wer4 no jealousy as the ass ws getting run out of them for all that and nightly ,was ent uncommon to have three work in pair a third for when the others tired out of old subaru lol just slaughter tho pounds and pence lol

its easy to lamp with 2 dogs,

like been said on here before one of slip one on,

matter of fact mine have never seen a lead and they lamp most nights and regulery have 2,its just spending time with them and teaching them from a young age.

yeh but running 2 together at the side of the motor,, is not what the topic is about.....

i do however agree with your other post, one on the slip, the other waking at heel, going on comand :thumbs:

• Like 1
Guest long-tail

Hi bud.If your not willing to put in the time it takes fair play.Maybe some of us have higher standards.Every one to there own.Catcher. :thumbs:

no worries like i said early mistake quickly learnt,we cant all fall into the field from day one and have 100% control big old lurning curve doing it on your own and learning the hard way,i never had any probs admitting mistakes iv made over the years but certainly helps better your own standards in time :thumbs:
  • Like 1

whose talking about running side of motor tomo , walking , only trained two dogs so i could walk with out leashes and they walked at heal an one went one stayed but hard work at times as one did it easy other was jealous but done it cause i had enforced it , but done it easy, but dont want to train dogs like that nothing to prove to myself

whose talking about running side of motor tomo , walking , only trained two dogs so i could walk with out leashes and they walked at heal an one went one stayed but hard work at times as one did it easy other was jealous but done it cause i had enforced it , but done it easy, but dont want to train dogs like that nothing to prove to myself

shurly the fact i posted with polars post in mine ,,,you would realise i was talking to polar :thumbs:

polar like to run his dogs at the side of the motor,,, nowt wrong with that,,i do to when given the chance :thumbs:

no worries like i said early mistake quickly learnt,we cant all fall into the field from day one and have 100% control big old lurning curve doing it on your own and learning the hard way,i never had any probs admitting mistakes iv made over the years but certainly helps better your own standards in time :thumbs:

Not saying i never made mistakes.Made 100s over the years.But i learned bye them.A lot of people on here cliam to be good dog men.If they cant train a dog to stay when told.I have to dout them.Catcher. :thumbs:

• Like 1