Do you think there are any rats here???

Here is a smallholding that I have permission on,the farmer is a West Indian and as you can see wants to make his own version of 'Soweto'.He isn't the tidiest of people,and the mess has attracted one or two long tails.There is also a lot of rabbits there,which is what I have concentrated on,but,when my 15wk old JRT is up to it(quite a few months yet)I think I will be having fun.

DSC_0131.jpg

DSC_0130.jpg

DSC_0128.jpg

I am also(hopefully)about to get permission on a piece of land next to another lot of permission that I have.It is a stables set up with a few rabbits in the hedges for ferreting,and they also keep laying hens,and they are obviously accompanied by a very entrenched,healthy(?) rat population.I think that in order to gain permission fror the rabbits and foxes that they also have trouble with(they have had their flock decimated recently)I will be asked to sort out the rats.

At this point,I would like to make a tentative appeal to the 'THL' ratters that live somewhere near to Bath/Bristol for their help.Obviously there would be a days ratting involved,but at this point it is purely hypothetical,and I have not reccied the rat habitat yet,so am uncertain of the size of the job.

If you think that you might be interested then please pm me...............thanks.........Martin

Looks like a handy spot for a few rats.

P.S. Why would a guy from the West Indies want to make his smallholding look like Soweto which i'm sure you know is in South Africa :duh: :blush:

Edited by Simoman

P.S. Why would a guy from the West Indies want to make his smallholding look like Soweto which i'm sure you know is in South Africa :duh: :blush:

:laugh::laugh:

:laugh::laugh:

Looks like you will be very busy Martin!! :drink:

If I were you I'd go down there a lay out a few sheets of that corrugated iron a create a habitat for the rats and maybe start baiting it a bit, in a couple of months when your pup is ready there should be more than enough about. :whistle:

I know it's in S.Africa....it was more of a descriptive thing(if you've ever seen any news footage of Soweto).He is a really nice guy of 70yrs,and would do anything for anyone,and I've had the land for 5-6yrs now.It isn't a lot of land,probably about 7-8acres,but there is always a few rabbits.

I do think I might try the sheets of tin though..........cheers.. :drink: