One dog doing the ton??

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

whin why dont you just say well done and fcuk off

Haha...BIG HUNTER Whin lol...feck you think you are the only one ever to catch anything bigger than a rabbit lol?...dream on in your little world up there Matty...

there's no f****r arguing more than you,you've got average lurchers that do no more than anyone elses dogs do so who do you think you are to tell everyone whats worth doing and whats not?if its not fo

It has been done in the past,

And iam more than sure it could be done now, But you'd need the right ground, The right dog ,The right night and someone that knows how to use a lamp and most of all a TON of luck on the night.

I anit got a dog that could, But sure there a few very fit potlickers out there that could given all the above

Yes, done it more than once. And if you came out with me with your dog you would do it too. Some of these rabbits have never seen dogs before, its not sport, but it fills the freezer. I caught 276 in less than 24 hours, used one dog in the day ferreting and rough hunting, and another at night, the night dog my blaze caught over one hundred, but I could have done this with any moderate lurcher, these rabbits just sit around, not in the least bit fazed by being chased. Ferreting was a hassle as the ferrets were killing far to many but the warrens were so shallow and sandy it was simply turning a sod over to reveal the bunny. Most rabbits didnt go to ground unless weather was bad, so hunting up was effective and was all pretty much picking up sitters and short slow runs, not much fun, and ive seen dogs get fecking sick of it, they get bored and basically jack it in as its so monotanous.

• Like 2

Yes, done it more than once. And if you came out with me with your dog you would do it too. Some of these rabbits have never seen dogs before, its not sport, but it fills the freezer. I caught 276 in less than 24 hours, used one dog in the day ferreting and rough hunting, and another at night, the night dog my blaze caught over one hundred, but I could have done this with any moderate lurcher, these rabbits just sit around, not in the least bit fazed by being chased. Ferreting was a hassle as the ferrets were killing far to many but the warrens were so shallow and sandy it was simply turning a sod over to reveal the bunny. Most rabbits didnt go to ground unless weather was bad, so hunting up was effective and was all pretty much picking up sitters and short slow runs, not much fun, and ive seen dogs get fecking sick of it, they get bored and basically jack it in as its so monotanous.

should add, this is not on the mainland. ;)

should add, this is not on the mainland. ;)

could you send the postcode :boogy::whistling:

• Like 2

sounds interesting, is this here in Ireland?

What cross was your dog you used when you did the ton on the lamp?

sounds interesting, is this here in Ireland?

What cross was your dog you used when you did the ton on the lamp?

I run lurchers, cross not important, my lurchers are fit, but Im not kidding any moderate lurcher could pick up 100 here EASY. Like I say its not much fun when the rabbits dont sense danger at all., but was done for pest control as there are no predators, no mixy, and to fill the freezer.

The first time I went there I just had a spaniel, my boatdog, and he retrieved about 40 just from a lap around the place, he already had a knack of picking up squatters though, so on that place he was deadly, we couldnt carry any more so we left, it was unlike anything Id ever come accross..

In my younger days I was keen to get big numbers, and really hammer the dogs, but now with hindsight I would take a night of a dozen good runs and good sport, over 50 of those sitters NO QUESTION

• Like 1

The first time I went there I just had a spaniel, my boatdog, and he retrieved about 40 just from a lap around the place, he already had a knack of picking up squatters though, so on that place he was deadly, we couldnt carry any more so we left, it was unlike anything Id ever come accross..

In my younger days I was keen to get big numbers, and really hammer the dogs, but now with hindsight I would take a night of a dozen good runs and good sport, over 50 of those sitters NO QUESTION

WAS IT THE DALES :laugh: :laugh:

JOKING

Im with cosh on this one, was out yrs ago in north yorkshire and watched a bitch take 70+ and make it look easy, a week later the bitch ran local to me on turbo short grass spooky rabbits and got 4 or

5 out of 20 run.if the rabbits are there on easy ground it can be done.a friend of mine regular shoots 25-30 during a mornings walk through reedbeds in the dales with his shot gun and springer.

• Like 1