hair loss on my lurchers back legs

Hi I have a 3/4 breed lurcher he is 4 year old in the summer his coat is perfect but as soon as the winter comes he losses two big patches of hair on his back legs has anyone else had this problem or know of anything that I can buy to get the hair to grow back I have tried changing his bedding and some washes but nothing seems to be working any advice would be welcome

ive encountered very similar with one of mine a few years ago, not the best coat to start off with on him but i narrowed it down to too much protien thats when i switched to an all BARF diet and it seemed to do the trick. good luck!

matt

Iv just noticed my little black dog going bald round the out back legs, Lossing hair and a few scabs there two.

The only thing iv changed is the bedding i use, I got a bale of straw and fill there dog boxes up with it, But now he's going a bit bald as i say, So i moved him back on too my normal bedding and see what happens?

Anit fleas and anit mange so see if theres a diffrence in a week or two if not it'll be off not the vet for a scraping,

Iv just noticed my little black dog going bald round the out back legs, Lossing hair and a few scabs there two.

The only thing iv changed is the bedding i use, I got a bale of straw and fill there dog boxes up with it, But now he's going a bit bald as i say, So i moved him back on too my normal bedding and see what happens?

Anit fleas and anit mange so see if theres a diffrence in a week or two if not it'll be off not the vet for a scraping,

could be the ends of the straw irritating or scraching the skin, i switched to shreaded wax paper in the winter. ive got benzol if you want to treat for mites just to be on the safe side.