whats the best method to train terrrier to go to ground

Ok i have a young terrier 6 months old just got the dog 2 weeks ago, its a game we dog its going mad for my staffy and the staff would ripp it da bits if it got hold of it, also goes mad to get at cat when she sees them out on the lead, was gona start her on rats then make shoot to send her up then hopefully foxes whats the best way to train her for going to ground for fox

Just getn into the hunting any help would be greatfull

Its also showing interest in hunting already its running the fields sniffing after rabbits etc and crawling under a small sofa etc for her toys im gona give the dog a chance to proof it self it seems keen.

all suggestions welcome

cheers.

yes im planning on taking her out on few digs with few lads she how she goes.

Should i keep it away from rabbits i was told if it starts on rabbits you will be digging it out all the time it goes to ground and theres a rabbit there.

cheers lads gona try and get the we dog started on the the rat after xmas then try it up a shoot for them try n get it running holes.

Wud a fox tail get it interested for example the scent etc just trying to do the best for the we dog as i say its showing interest has a nasty we temper and that.

Is 6 months to young for it to go to ground or will it pick it up out watching other digs?

cheers lads gona try and get the we dog started on the the rat after xmas then try it up a shoot for them try n get it running holes.

Wud a fox tail get it interested for example the scent etc just trying to do the best for the we dog as i say its showing interest has a nasty we temper and that.

Is 6 months to young for it to go to ground or will it pick it up out watching other digs?

6 months is a bit early for entering get her out on some digs with proven digging dogs if u want her to have best start

Cant wait to read about the day you bump into another dog owner and your lad tears strips outa theirs,sounds a right nuisance.hope he turns out ok for ye.If its in them then it'll more than likely happen naturally.

Cheers lads as i said hes a game we dog im gona start it off with rats after xmas i read this gets them used to getting nipped on the nose/face and learns da shake them.

il try it with bigger quary after the rats and keep it away from the rabbits.

hopefully get it out soon