saluki and foxes

Only one of mine has not taken them with gusto, with the one didn't it was more like he viewed them as off limits in the same way as he would view sheep, poulty etc he just didn't look at them. He was a rescued dog so I did not have him as young dog so I don't know if with correct entering things might have been different. He wasn't fiery dog like all my other Saluki have been so maybe it just wasn't in him.

3 of the Salukis I have/have had would kill other dogs given the opportunity that I have no doubt about and that includes those larger then themselves, I'm not saying this to impress anyone, I'm just telling it as it is.

Would the do a rottie or akita?

rottie before dinner akita after them a wolf for supper :thumbs:

A Pug for elevenses ?

they aint greedy eaters :laugh:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First off, we aint friends.........Secondly, looky here dick beater, its hard enough to get dogs bred to catch and kill to do it consistently let alone dogs bred primarily for hare and some tiny ass g

I doubt that the average saluki would be worth a damn on fox.

rottie before dinner akita after them a wolf for supper

:hmm:

I would'nt know my friend, I just sit down at my computer on my fat ass and have an opinion on everything I've never done myself. :D

There are Saluki's that did relish them, not that I know of course....

First off, we aint friends.........Secondly, looky here dick beater, its hard enough to get dogs bred to catch and kill to do it consistently let alone dogs bred primarily for hare and some tiny ass gazelle thing. I seen videos of them dog gone saluki where they run them gazelle for like 5 minutes friggin straight. That shit is unbelievable. I am in awe at their speed and endurance. I know that good fox dogs could never ever do such a thing. Why is it that saluki and whippet folks get their panties in a bunch over shit like this. They know their dogs cant do it but they get on here and throw a damn fit about how they can cuz they read it in a book somewhere.

• Like 5

Only one of mine has not taken them with gusto, with the one didn't it was more like he viewed them as off limits in the same way as he would view sheep, poulty etc he just didn't look at them. He was a rescued dog so I did not have him as young dog so I don't know if with correct entering things might have been different. He wasn't fiery dog like all my other Saluki have been so maybe it just wasn't in him.

3 of the Salukis I have/have had would kill other dogs given the opportunity that I have no doubt about and that includes those larger then themselves, I'm not saying this to impress anyone, I'm just telling it as it is.

Well it's funny you should mention an Akita because, my first Saluki had incident with a local drug dealers Akita which was roaming the streets and he throated it before the Akita knew what had hit it, this was one of the first instances whereby I quickly came to learn that while most dogs merely go through the motions when clashing with other dogs, this Saluki was deadly serious and his intent was to kill the other dog no doubt about. Of cause 90% or more of rotties akitas etc have no experience of disabling large animals the only thing they use their teeth for is crunching kibble, working running dogs know how to disable and ultimately kill.

• Like 2

I would'nt know my friend, I just sit down at my computer on my fat ass and have an opinion on everything I've never done myself. :D

First off, we aint friends.........Secondly, looky here dick beater, its hard enough to get dogs bred to catch and kill to do it consistently let alone dogs bred primarily for hare and some tiny ass gazelle thing. I seen videos of them dog gone saluki where they run them gazelle for like 5 minutes friggin straight. That shit is unbelievable. I am in awe at their speed and endurance. I know that good fox dogs could never ever do such a thing. Why is it that saluki and whippet folks get their panties in a bunch over shit like this. They know their dogs cant do it but they get on here and throw a damn fit about how they can cuz they read it in a book somewhere.

:laugh:

Well it's funny you should mention an Akita because, my first Saluki had incident with a local drug dealers Akita which was roaming the streets and he throated it before the Akita knew what had hit it, this was one of the first instances whereby I quickly came to learn that while most dogs merely go through the motions when clashing with other dogs, this Saluki was deadly serious and his intent was to kill the other dog no doubt about. Of cause 90% or more of rotties akitas etc have no experience of disabling large animals the only thing they use their teeth for is crunching kibble, working running dogs know how to disable and ultimately kill.

mark that red dog of mine is a nutcase he will give one warning to another dog then thats it bang , , trouble being the bitch is learning his behavour .when he bites its no play bite he is right on the neck .

I'm sorry I've owned Akitas and believe me if it's a typical example of the breed I'd give any sight hound 3 mins max. My old friends 1st x bull/greyhound was nearlly sent to pet cemetery in about 1 minute when our Akita picked it up by the spine and threw it around like a ragdoll. The dog was a danger to other dogs around his size, he was pretty tolerant with smaller dogs apart from staffies

There might well be a lot of Salukis bred primarily for hare especially in the west, but that is certainly not the case in their native lands, in many regions first is primary quarry.

http://youtu.be/_kOexVAr0oQ

http://youtu.be/_oEjeeq9hiM

http://www.youtube.com/user/Unatbek/videos

• Like 1

some salukis will kill fox defo some wont salukis can be very violent other day my mates saluki killd a rab and [bANNED TEXT] i went over two get the rab the saluki try to attack the dog i was walkin bad cruise of shildons litter sister killed another lurcher in the pen [bANNED TEXT] he come home from work the other dog was rippit 2 shreads

I'm sorry I've owned Akitas and believe me if it's a typical example of the breed I'd give any sight hound 3 mins max. My old friends 1st x bull/greyhound was nearlly sent to pet cemetery in about 1 minute when our Akita picked it up by the spine and threw it around like a ragdoll. The dog was a danger to other dogs around his size, he was pretty tolerant with smaller dogs apart from staffies

Well that maybe the case but but this one was too slow and Salukis are not like many sighthounds they are incredibly elastic they can near turn themselves inside out to make contact or avoid contact, before that akita knew it my Saluki was clamped down on it's windpipe and the akita could not get round to make any contant on the Saluki, it was only when the akita started to try to get away with my Saluki getting dragged still ragging with me rawing at him to leave it that he either lost his grip or released because of me shouting and the akita high tailed it like big soft pup but I tell you straight that Akita was weakening through oxygen depravation in the same way as deer do when a dog gets on the windpipe. I've no reason to make it up, like BBB says it's not impressive to see your near kill someones dog even if the other dog started it. There is more to saluki's than you would think some of not not always a good thing when they are kept in built up areas, along ways from where they were developed.

Bigliks my dog was Cruise of ShildonXDelightful Lady my old bitch and her son who are every bit as much a liability are down from that line.

Edited by Saluqihounds

some salukis will kill fox defo some wont salukis can be very violent other day my mates saluki killd a rab and [bANNED TEXT] i went over two get the rab the saluki try to attack the dog i was walkin bad cruise of shildons litter sister killed another lurcher in the pen [bANNED TEXT] he come home from work the other dog was rippit 2 shreads

Any 40-50 lb lurcher will kill a fox, regards saluki xs no prob. But to kill them regular 4 nights a week and getting bit, they wouldnt hack it . Some bullxs will , but not all but a well bred bullx will do the best at that job pre ban. Ive seen salukixgrey x collie grey do foxes in the late 80s, and it was good on them, but only done couple a week, and most lurcher xs would do that. Regards the saluki nearly killing another lurcher, well if it was like that 1 on the deer in vid, it wouldnt kill a poodle lol. They aint got the power+strenght, its ok having tenacity but you got to back it up :yes: , they were bred for speed+stamina and thats why you put them in your lurcher,.!