f.a.o spike25blue, catty

Well mate, as promised i would let you know when i managed to bag something with the catty i bought of you at the AIR RIFLE MEET,

Been practacing a bit, tonite when out with the dog had a nice plump woodie out of a bare tree, could just make its silouete out in the moon light, hanging over a wide stream at about 15 yds, CRACK, Droped straght into the water with one of those 10mm steel balls, gave sky the signal to retreve it, who just looked at me, an with the freezing water who could blame her :laugh:

so after a quick scramble round to find a long stick, i pulled my sogy prize from the bank on the other side of the stream where it had been washed into some tree roots, it was happily recieved by my ferrets upon my return home :thumbs:

not strictly an air rifle post, hense just poped it in the general air rifle section an for that i appologise,

just felt the need to share this great achievement with others :laugh:

Would have quite happily posted it in the catty section :whistling:

An well atleast its hunting, people post worse crap (no names :laugh: )

.atb lads. .ste. ( hoping i dont get hung ) :laugh:

• Like 1

You say you made a few fry, i find by persevering with the same one as painful and frustrating as it is at times :laugh: it seems to have paid off for me anyway, had a go with my mates and im miles out, so i think being familiar with the catty your shooting helps in my opinion, im sure there is guys who can shoot with any catty, but they are on a toataly different level imo :laugh:

My advice would be take it everywhere and just have a couple shots everytime your out and eventualy the improvement will be noticable, i am very amature, but thats what i have been doing and seem to be getting there. . . . Slowly lol

You say you made a few fry, i find by persevering with the same one as painful and frustrating as it is at times :laugh: it seems to have paid off for me anyway, had a go with my mates and im miles out, so i think being familiar with the catty your shooting helps in my opinion, im sure there is guys who can shoot with any catty, but they are on a toataly different level imo :laugh:

My advice would be take it everywhere and just have a couple shots everytime your out and eventualy the improvement will be noticable, i am very amature, but thats what i have been doing and seem to be getting there. . . . Slowly lol

think your right

Well i have used 10quids worth of ball bearings and have one pigeon to show for it, i could have bought a turkey instead :laugh:

Off to pound land, bags of marbles :thumbs:

Marbles are okay for paper punching, but given the size and weight of them it'l be like starting again.

Stick to the cal and ammo you know Rossi.

Oh and dont waste woodies on the Ferts LOL.

I've not killed anything with a catty yet, but did become very proficiant with tin cans and paper at 10 yards :D

After weighing in 7Kgs of used pellets and getting barely enough to buy another tin of AAF's I've decided to keep them and recycle them into .44 cal ammo for the catty.

This was my 10Yard Catty Range

10M_slingshotrange.jpg

Before (Hanging by fishing line)

The backstop was a Tshirt hanging in the shed.

before1.jpg

After

Can't remember how many shots but it was less than 10

after2.jpg

Love shooting catties :D

Tony

Edited by Phantom

well done i love been out with my catty had a few kills now. i use 9mm bb off ebay were do you lads get your ammo from and can you put a link up plz

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/simplybearings_uk/m.html?hash=item20af556767&item=140380563303&pt=UK_BOI_Metalworking_Milling_Welding_Metalworking_Supplies_ET&_trksid=p4340.l2562

I used to use Duncans, but thats a link worth keeping :cheers: Chris.

Tony

you must have more money than sence mate. cant stand that place the bloke is a to**er would not buy anything from there if it was the only place left. he is a robbing twat.

c

• Like 1

I used to use Duncans, but thats a link worth keeping :cheers: Chris.

Tony

you must have more money than sence mate. cant stand that place the bloke is a to**er would not buy anything from there if it was the only place left. he is a robbing twat.

c

i take it you dont like him then :D