Vortex vs. Nightforce ??

Im been quite tempted by the former of two makes. Initially ive always wanted a Nightforce, but then i saw these on the market and i have heard good things about there product and there aftersales service also. Has anyone dealt with any of the Vortex Products?

Cheers

I cant make up my mind but im more tempted by Nightforces hi speed turrets which have 20moa correction per full turn but the Vortex looks like a solid looking scope. I was going to see if i could pick one up in the States. But i am struggling to find anyone that will post to the UK.

Can't speak for the Nightforce however the Vortex is 99% a Nikon Monarch clone(IMO).I had a Monarch & it was a quality scope,fantastic optics in daytime & in the lamp.Problem with these top end scopes is finding a stockist which is local so you can get your hands on them to have a touchy feely.Worth checking the Nikon range their up there with the big boys :thumbs:

I live up in the Shetland Islands, so i have to buy something and just be done with it. I think i was going to get one from america and hope i dont get screwed with the import duty. Does anyone know where the best place to buy for them sending as a gift etc.

I have Vortex binos - very good, I did a fair bit of research before I bought them. I have also looked at the Vortex range of scopes, I did contemplate the FFP model, but dropped lucky on a Burris Tactical scope so that was the end of that.