deerhound x greyhound your opinion

he had me lost no relaition tho mines all left the deerhoundy dogs with the flares and high waisters in the eighties lol ,to me the eptimone of the real deerhound is a stag hound bred for generaitions to stop qaurry , coyote, deer, fast and nimble ones jack rabbits ,in this country would be fox deer and hare if fast enough , pre ban on moors or were ever

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Spot on matie, I knew Miss Noble, spoke to her numerous times at deerhound coursing, got beat in one final by one of her favourite hounds Ardkinglas Ace, I quized her a lot about putting the greyhound

Whin has it spot on.     This is my 6th Gen deer/greyhound cross, 28tts and 38kg. She is coming up to seven now and is having to be retired from the game. I lamp alot aboard and she is great on t

Bunny any chance your related to whin

Bunny, no arguments from me, we all have opinions. My idea of an F1 is a first cross between two purebreds, i.e. "labradoodle " is a first cross between pure poodle and pure labrador,I class my bitch, Lima, an Fi as she is a first cross, deerhound/ Greyhound. In my mind, there can only be TWO breeds in an F1. I watch Grews every week at the track, some are first cross Whippet/ Greyhound, others are w/g x w/g, which I call F2, then there are F3, F4, etc. But the thing they all have in common, is that there is only TWO breeds in them. A Grew x Deerhound would to me be a Lurcher, or more correctly, a Longdog, but not an F1.

Cheers.

whin just seen ya paragraph,you are certainly rigt but then you dont need me to say that . Its true to say that lots of lurcher keepers not all novices but theres those ,that should no better that are purchasing from none workers . because of mainly types etc , sourcing good stock of the type one wants can be difficult for some , but they do occasionally pop up ,i my self sourced a welp of decent enough breeding for me that his ,and was not expensive in fact it was the best ive spent in along time , worker to worker hey and long may it be so. atb bunnys.

when does a animal become what they say has pure blood ,fourth fifth sixth gen of selection kennel club status , the kennel club are allowing registeration of cross bred dogs for the better of the gene pools of certain breeds ,and lets hope this long may be so .atb bunnys.

when does a animal become what they say has pure blood ,fourth fifth sixth gen of selection kennel club status , the kennel club are allowing registeration of cross bred dogs for the better of the gene pools of certain breeds ,and lets hope this long may be so .atb bunnys.

You're right mate; evidently Ms Noble used to put Greyhound into her Ardkinglas Deerhounds now and again, to stop them getting like Wolfhounds, I talked to old lads who put Beddy into their Lakies, to add a bit fire, it's hapened with many breeds, but if I was after an F! Whipet/Deer, and saw one advertised as such, I'd be pissed off if I later found it had another breed in it !

Cheers.

whin ya right one needs to keep a low profile ,not to bad wher ie i wander ,they all used to seeing me about ,mutual respect i leave certain ones alone and allowed to take the rest .i have run and seen your stock work , credit to ya fella ,.atb bunnys.