deerhound x greyhound your opinion

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Spot on matie, I knew Miss Noble, spoke to her numerous times at deerhound coursing, got beat in one final by one of her favourite hounds Ardkinglas Ace, I quized her a lot about putting the greyhound

Whin has it spot on.     This is my 6th Gen deer/greyhound cross, 28tts and 38kg. She is coming up to seven now and is having to be retired from the game. I lamp alot aboard and she is great on t

Bunny any chance your related to whin

romany on here will tell you everything about the doxhope lines of deerhounds, and keeps has greyhound deerhounds too..dont know them personally but have seen their posts, and its alot of imformation you might want to know, cracking dogs, my lurcher has the doxhope lines in her

thinking of crossing my bitch with first cross deer hound grey with the hope of getting some better temperment pups my bitch is whippet hound/bull hound 22 1/2 tts racey type tyring to bring the pups up two inches and have bit bit more relaxed on the lamp she is great bitch on all game but just bannas constent pulling do your head in bit more stretch in the body and two in inches in the foot and bit calmer always liked broken coated dogs next year please god

:hmm:

the deerhound greyhound see the parents work see what he can do or what he has done ,as alot will be big and cumbrsome for a rabbit ,think what qaurry you chase and then that tells you what dog to youse at stud , as there only so many good dogs about that are well proven , you need to no more than i just like the look of them cause that doesnt fill the bag im afraid

the deerhound greyhound see the parents work see what he can do or what he has done ,as alot will be big and cumbrsome for a rabbit ,think what qaurry you chase and then that tells you what dog to youse at stud , as there only so many good dogs about that are well proven , you need to no more than i just like the look of them cause that doesnt fill the bag im afraid

Whin has it spot on.

IMG_0299.jpg

This is my 6th Gen deer/greyhound cross, 28tts and 38kg. She is coming up to seven now and is having to be retired from the game. I lamp alot aboard and she is great on the larger stuff as she is able to put her efforts in to going fast in straight lines. Her main prob always has been that she is so keen to get her prey that on the smaller stuff she will hurt her self in the turns.

She would almost stamp her front paws down and throw her boody to one side or the other to keep up on the quary. This would either means she was prone to pad injuries or as what has now been diagnosed with severe arthritus in both of her front ankles. Its a real shame to see a running dog that cant run.

She has always caught more than she lost and was a real pleasure to watch her run. It was as if her entire body doubled in length during her stride.

Anyway, think of what your looking to catch. In england slightly smaller dogs are better suited for the purpose of the law.

Wishing you all the best,

Regards,

John

Edited by Johnathon
  • Like 2

john a nice bitch and as you say , think of qaurry yu hunt weekly before you buy big cumbersome dogs at 30 inches when a more work like animal will do the job easy with little effort and good feet , not had serous foot injuries for years as i bred for strong feet and of dogs with strong feet ,everybody like the look of the deerhound but nobody ever says the praticality of working them were ever in the british country side ,looks is nothing but good feet a running brain and durability is everything so always choose wisely ,not what looks great

never saw any pure deerhounds that i have the notion to use at stud to further my dogs were i hunt , but have saw nice staghound in the enviroment were the deerhoundy dog would do well , i dont no of any pure deerhounds which are capable of catching all and sundrie , a freind from berwick has a nice bitch ,you need the work for them to bred good pups ,maybe if you were ahill keeper with land to boot they would be tested