Beagle cross ? help/info

Thought I would post this on this section as the hound lads would hopefuly know the crack. I have a 20 month old 3/4 Beagle 1/4 russell that i got off a sound lad off this site as a pup. Had her from 6 weeks , hunted her practically daily as I live near good spot on rabbits mainly, she bushe's em out ok quite slow and methodical but gets them on the move for the lurchers.

BUT i got her to make a bit of noise and let the lurchers know she is on ........thats the thing nothing other than a grumble when on , no barking , voice etc. I Know her littermates do and have done from a young age and her damn does I have her on loan at the mo, barks when up close (beagle x russell)

She's a quiet one at home lets out the odd bark growl at strangers but nothing when hunting. recalls spot on, but real puppyish still , playing around pissing about. Seen a fair amount of varied game aswell.

will she ever open up or do I have a mute ? read two american beagle rabbit hunting books not alot of help really lol. any help appreciated :doh:

Terriers sometimes, don't open up,unless struggling to catch up,maybe the Terrier in her?

,might just be finding it easy to push out to Lurchers,not needing to put a chase in ,so not needing to use voice ?

Tried working without the back up ...get her to shout for help ! if that makes sense . :hmm:

Yep had her out on her own, works a fair distance away sometimes but just seems to work them silently rabbits that is, she was bushing out a fox this morning and put it to ground on her own , could see her and caught a glimpse of fox dropping to ground. not a peep.

They sound my cup of tea buster lol, mostly work rabbits and the odd fox to gun when the chance arises, thought maybe it was down to running her with the lurchers and she sort of decided to work mute to, thats why i borrowed her damn.

cheers lads

• 4 weeks later...

If they are going to speak they will if with other dogs in full cry. Always exceptions and dog generally do tend to make a liar of of ya!

but with alot of beagle blood in there it would be unusual for it not to. Experimet and keep it on the lead and let the other dogs hunt and

see how keen it is, most would be pulling on the lead,squeal like mad and give tongue out of frustration to try goin the hunt.