Meat Grinder and feeding raw

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

alot tidier    

Dont bother grinding it mate. The dogs can do that. Just chop it up into day size chunks and drop it on the floor. They crunch through it easily enough.

Posted Images

Cheap ones wont do the job, get something like a Hobart mincer. Pricey but worth their weight in gold and last forever :thumbs:

No reason why folk cant feed both minced and whole. If you get a lot of rabbit then you cannot freeze and feed them all. I collect rabbits till the freezers are bursting and have a day skinning and mincing, add chicken, venny, fruit and veg. It's then put into plastic cartons and one of the freezers will be filled with convenient but natural food, and i still have a freezer free to start collecting again. The dogs also get whole rabbits (fur, guts and all) venny carcasses, chicken wings/turkey necks etc.

post-57301-0-24793100-1322435301_thumb.jpg

do you defrost the rabbits, mince them, package then re-freeze again?

Peas, broccoli, apple, blackberry, elderberry, cooked pasta, pre soaked dry food, veg oil, a bit of garlic puree, and probably other stuff i cant remember now. It goes through the mincer with the rabbit so it all get mixed up together :thumbs:

do you defrost the rabbits, mince them, package then re-freeze again?

Yes, it doesnt do the dogs any harm, they dont suffer food poisoning the same way humans do :thumbs:

thanks moll, i did think that, just thought i would check , that will be me busy mincing the next rainy day :thumbs:

feck me them mincers aint cheap! aint got the freezer space for that many rabbits. i just try and pack them in best i can and do with whatr ive got.

moll, whats the chicken wings in the packet for?

i mince lambs , pig, ox hearts and tongues, and whole tripes every couple of weeks and pack it into icecream tubs it makes for easy storage in the freezer , if your going to mince stuff buy the biggest mincer you can afford then they last forever the little cheap one aint no good

My bitch was bought up on chicken frames, rabbit and various other meats and offal and veg, but when she got older she stopped chewing it enough, so had to stop feeding whole as just too risky, or at least chicken and rabbit. I think its def best to feed whole but there is also times and situations when you need to mince ( :laugh:) But too get a mincer up to the job cost lots! More than I can afford. Feeding whole is by far the best, just as long as they chew it up enough.