ferret an bells

kevk

I do a lot of ferreting for my hawks so I need rabbits bolt someone said rabbit hear bell an bolt more quicker is this ture ?

I have never used bells myself, however at the midlands game fair this year I was talking to The Warrener as he was there promoting his latest DVD. When asked to for some tips on ferreting he said this is the best one he could give anyone. "use a little cat bell on an elastic band so that if it gets snagged up the ferret will not get stuck, the band will either pull off or snap. Rabbits hear the bell aswell as winding the ferret and it puts them on edge. you get quicker bolts and less layups".

I do a lot of ferreting for my hawks so I need rabbits bolt someone said rabbit hear bell an bolt more quicker is this ture ?

I have never used bells myself, however at the midlands game fair this year I was talking to The Warrener as he was there promoting his latest DVD. When asked to for some tips on ferreting he said this is the best one he could give anyone. "use a little cat bell on an elastic band so that if it gets snagged up the ferret will not get stuck, the band will either pull off or snap. Rabbits hear the bell aswell as winding the ferret and it puts them on edge. you get quicker bolts and less layups".

Not seen his DVD but I shall be looking out for his ferrets to see if they have bells on : )

• Like 1

i have only ever used a bell and line on ferret and the bell dose work you get more bolters just my opinion

You can only bolt what's in a warren do your field craft right , and good ferrets they will bolt , I mean if you were a rabbit and there's a ferret bred for the job scratching and biting you your guna bolt to safety unless you know theres something else waiting for you above ground ,