Sticking Chamber

Evening all

Ive had a single barreled Yildiz 410 since Feb now and recently I have started having problems with spent cartridges getting stuck in the chamber despite me cleaning it regularly.

so I emailed Yildiz and the reply was "As I understand your e-mail, it seems that your chamber is not clean, please take your gun to a gun smith that you know well and tell him to clean the chamber by using very very thin sandpaper and please tell him to be very gentle and careful while he is doing this. "

I know that they know best because they made the gun and all that, but was just wondering if anyone on here had any thoughts :hmm:

Thanks Ratty

Edited by Ratsmasher

I would send it back to where you had it from there should be some cover left on it if you had it from new, most guns come with at least 12 months I would have thought. By saying take some sand paper to the chamber is prob not a good idea, good luck .

trouble was that I bought it at the Newark shooting show and the stall was based in yorkshire or something and a little far to go.

it has a 3 year warranty and I've checked and I'm all good with terms and conditions of it and all that. I was a bit concerned about sanding a chamber because of proofing and stuff never done anything like it before

Might give my local gunsmith a buzz and see what he thinks

I'd rather have someone who knows what there doing look at it then try and do it on budget and mess it up

thanks for all the advice atb ratty

Well you are not really sanding as apposed to polishing. I guess what the manufactures suspect is that the chamber has some tooling marks which are catching on the spend cartridge. The idea is simply to give the chamber a polish but if you are unsure take the gun to a gunsmith.

John

• 2 weeks later...

Id look for a rough spot around the extractor cut out,, a fraze around the the guild pin hole or a scuffed edge, if its sticking in that hard sounds as if the cartridge head is the problem site look for marks on the head and relate that to the chamber,, it may well only need a flick with a stanley knife

Id look for a rough spot around the extractor cut out,, a fraze around the the guild pin hole or a scuffed edge, if its sticking in that hard sounds as if the cartridge head is the problem site look for marks on the head and relate that to the chamber,, it may well only need a flick with a stanley knife

No its actually sticking down at the very end of the chamber - when I load the cartridge drops down to about1/4" from the bottom