Good foxing strains/lines

Ok lads I've had two adult terriers both not for very long they were gifted as they were adults both with extremely bad faults that couldn't be broke so they had to go back im seriously considering getting the best pup I can afford only interested in fox nothing else . What would you lads recommend as a very good line of foxing terriers that are available any advice or pms welcome cheers

Bull

It would mainly be earth work to fox , I've heard a lot about various lines some good some bad was trying to find info on a Line strain or type that have got a good history of producing and good lineage behind them cheers

My prefrence would be to go worker to worker ;) preferably of dogs that you have seen graft and have produced some good workers already :thumbs:

There are no guarantees in any line you choose but you reduce the risk of a failure if you selectivley choose your dog and try not to get hung up on a particular line as at lot of the big named lined dogs are bred for £ notes at an early age before they are proven to be bred from

Good luck in whatever you choose :victory:

• Like 3

Yes I was talking about working lines mate , I've not had much to do with terriers really , what i was asking was for the known lines that are working well to fox and are avalible to buy off of as I'm not clued up on the advice really mate

Bull, what BB is saying is that 'named' lines are not the be all and end all, in most cases they are a load of codswallop. Simply, take your time, do your homework, suss out someone who keeps a type to suit your needs, is out regular and go from there.

• Like 1

Ah I see what your saying , wondered if there was a kennel that was known for selling a good proven line as a lot of the lads have bought local stuff which is complete shite .I get what your saying there's a few blokes I know down here who seem to have good types but keep themselves to there selves I'll have to give em a bell . Do you reckon all these well known lines are a rip off then

i did this 2 years ago looking round for a good year went an seen the sire an dam working so when the bitch was prego i put me name on a pup! the parents had seen alot so i thought the pup would take to it like a duck to water im still trying to get it goin he's two now! good luck bull

i did this 2 years ago looking round for a good year went an seen the sire an dam working so when the bitch was prego i put me name on a pup! the parents had seen alot so i thought the pup would take to it like a duck to water im still trying to get it goin he's two now! good luck bull

Well if ye dog is only 2 this will be his first season surely ye wasnt trying to start it last season ?? patience is a virtue so they say not every dog self enters first time out lad

Bull, what BB is saying is that 'named' lines are not the be all and end all, in most cases they are a load of codswallop. Simply, take your time, do your homework, suss out someone who keeps a type to suit your needs, is out regular and go from there.

Exactly mate, I got two young uns i bred myself this year bred from two good working terriers, no big names just proven workers :thumbs:

Well if ye dog is only 2 this will be his first season surely ye wasnt trying to start it last season ?? patience is a virtue so they say not every dog self enters first time out lad

thats so true but must admit i like early starters dug a few to mine at ten month but yes hedz is bang on there :thumbs:

thats so true but must admit i like early starters dug a few to mine at ten month but yes hedz is bang on there :thumbs:

he self entered at the end of last season an i got 3 with him, this season hes hasnt got goin at all back out agen 2 morra

he self entered at the end of last season an i got 3 with him, this season hes hasnt got goin at all back out agen 2 morra

Strange that are ye sure theres something at home?? what was the dogs last dig like ??