advice on all rounder

hey folks want an opinion from all gundog owners. i keep lurchers 4 and two terriers 4 ferrets im based in ireland and main quarry is rabbit and old sly however i have just obtained my airgun licence and bought a new gun ive been out a few times with my quietest old lurcher bitch in the hope that i could use her to retrieve the pigeons, squirrels, rabbits that i shoot however she is still a lurcher at the end of the day even though she 9 and flies off after the said quarry

so essentially i want a gundog. I dont want a lab so was wondering in your opinions what would be the best alternative again ill be shooting rabbit pigeon and squirrel id like something that could also work with the lurchers in time bushing etc

cheers for any help all the best

Labradoodle mate, cracking dog :0)

a gsp is bred for the moor and covers a lot of ground you would be better with a retriever they are bred fro retrieving and make good peg dogs which is more what you seem to need, if you want a bushing dog then a spaniel is best.

but my old dog is a labradoodle and he does it all but im torn about having a pup from him in jan or getting a cocker

hey folks want an opinion from all gundog owners. i keep lurchers 4 and two terriers 4 ferrets im based in ireland and main quarry is rabbit and old sly however i have just obtained my airgun licence and bought a new gun ive been out a few times with my quietest old lurcher bitch in the hope that i could use her to retrieve the pigeons, squirrels, rabbits that i shoot however she is still a lurcher at the end of the day even though she 9 and flies off after the said quarry

so essentially i want a gundog. I dont want a lab so was wondering in your opinions what would be the best alternative again ill be shooting rabbit pigeon and squirrel id like something that could also work with the lurchers in time bushing etc

cheers for any help all the best

Any reason your counting out the perfect dog for the job???

I have two cockers and a lab, labs will do a good all round job and personally i wouldn't rule them out because they are one of the easiest gundogs to train. Personally I'd get a cocker though, nice and small and easy to train with more brains than a springer