smk XS79 for rabbit hunting

I have been out lastnight with my xs79 and got my first 4 rabbits at around 25 yards but i am wondering if there is a better rifle i could get at not much more expensive than this one.

i have bought this gun joint with a mate as we are new to the hunting scene but it wasent as good as we expected so are looking if there is another gun we could get thats a bit better but not to much more expensive? i dont want to be trowing some big sheets down just yet as last night was the first time i have had any bunnies with this rifle so need to get a bit more practice with it yet.

can anyone point me in the direction of a cheap but good air rifle for shooting rabbits ??

Thanks guys

Edited by WIGAN WARRIOR

Hi Wigan,

The SMK xs79 retails new at about £110 and is a full power hunter according to the SMK site.

You could probably get a better spring piston rifle second hand if you look hard enough and maybe add a bit more money.

This one if all working which it should be though a little battle hardened in looks will blow your XS79 model out the water for quality mate. Ive owned one which my Russian pal now owns and shoots and its very nice and kills very accurately.

http://www.guntrader.co.uk/GunsForSale/100427111641001

This one is also very good

http://www.guntrader.co.uk/GunsForSale/111020150129002

and so is this one

http://www.guntrader.co.uk/GunsForSale/111103091112006

Just be careful how you word your post as well buddy as saying that yesterday was the first time you have shot a rifle but you shot 4 bunnies will not go down well in some people’s eyes as you haven’t practiced accuracy or got to know the rifles characteristics so you could of easily wounded what you were shooting at.

Not a problem for me pal and not my business it’s just a helping pointer.

ATB

Si

Thanks guys great help.

also si sorry its the way i have worded it i have been shooting a rifle for over 12month and was with a experianced shooter whos owns the farm i was on. first time i have had bunnies with this rifle i have been useing my mentors gun for the past 12month sorry for any confusion dont want to rub people up the wrong way but thanks for the pointer mate appreciate it.

A vote for a TX200 here, I picked up one, complete with sling, scope and pellets, paid £160 for it, 20 years old, probably on original spring and piston, still making over 10.3 foot pound energy, but will be treating her to a full service. They go on forever and are so darned accurate... Word of warning though, they can be heavy to some...

Edited by secretagentmole
  • 2 weeks later...