beagles

????????????

Of course they can, and do!!! Better than a fox hound in tighter cover, bit not as fast on open ground. You will never have a bad scenting day with the beagles either?!!!

I used to love going out with me Old mans pack a few years back, hunting nothing bit foxes with 5 couple of beagles, and terriers following!!

Good times :)

• Like 2

the sound of them speaking across a valley or through the forestry is a joy to hear and as for their ability to work once they pick something up be prepared for a long day out :bye: would'nt be without them :victory: the only advice i would give is if you wan't to watch footy at 5.30 on a saturday don't take them out cos they seem to know :cray:

• Like 1

i have 4 beagles that i hunt every week i take them and my lurcher you get a hunt every week its great crack when they get on a scent they do plenty of roaring hard to get gud ones some dont bark so i wouldent have them around me you need a gud barking beagle atb buster100

Edited by buster100
  • Like 1

i have 4 beagles that i hunt every week i take them and my lurcher you get a hunt every week its great crack when they get on a scent they do plenty of roaring hard to get gud ones some dont bark so i wouldent have them around me you need a gud barking beagle atb buster100

agree there a beagle or any hound that does'nt speak when hunting is'nt much use because you will never find them or know which direction they are going :nono: your lurcher must be fit as fck to keep up with a pack of hounds :clapper::laugh: or do you use them just for bushing? mine forget about everything else once they pick a fox up. :bye: get some photo's of your pack up.atb t410. :thumbs:

• Like 1

agree there a beagle or any hound that does'nt speak when hunting is'nt much use because you will never find them or know which direction they are going :nono: your lurcher must be fit as fck to keep up with a pack of hounds :clapper::laugh: or do you use them just for bushing? mine forget about everything else once they pick a fox up. :bye: get some photo's of your pack up.atb t410. :thumbs:

i tryed puting up pictures but it says that there to big ?i only hunt small breaks we have might have tree men around it each man with there own lurcher :D

hows it going lads, i hunt beagles on fox only. had a pack of 10couple up untill the end of last season. down sized now to five as i am hunting full time with a local mounted pack of harriers and dont have the time for the whole lot! i'll try put up picks of the ones i kept. serious sport when they find a fox in cover, will run them to ground most of the time and mark ground like foxhounds. i ran them with the harriers during the cubbing and they most often spoke first in cover and were the first to mark to groung once they put to ground, often put lines right when the harriers over ran a line or ran a road. as said before hard to get good ones but once you have a contact with other beagle packs and breed your own they usually dont disappoint.

• Like 1

just a fue pics not the best still learning on this laptop :wallbash:
  • Like 3