Hello Fellow Moochers.

Hi Folks.

Names Dan and im 22 years of age from Halifax, West Yorkshire.

Having spent the last 2 days browsing the site as a guest ive finally got round to becoming a member. New to this so please bare with me lol! Been hunting since i can remember. My grandad introduced me to the world of ferreting at the young age of 8 back in 1997 - 98 and since then i caught the bug. wasnt introduced to hunting with lurchers until a few days after my 13th birthday when my old man bought me my very first lurcher and took me out not long after. only ever had 3 lurchers and all great in there own way. lost my latest old boy a couple of month back. he was a pitbull greyhound and a cracking one at that. only ever bought lurchers pre trained and ready for hunting.... That was until until last saturday.

Got word through a reliable source of some collie greyhound / whippet greyhound pups a few hours drive away from mine and decided to go check them out. having had a collie grey in the past i know they can make cracking hunting companions. And when i saw ma little lass after watching her and the pack for a good hour or so. there was no doubt in my mind she was coming home with me. 11week old and a gorgeous little black bitch with a white patch on her chest and one white toe lol! Had major trouble trying to come up with a name for her until monday. Me and the Mrs were watching X-Men and rougue came on and right on queue this little black pup bolted into the room and dived on the sofa. ROGUE was born lol! and what a name for a lurcher ;)

As i said previously ive only ever owned pre trained hounds so this little girl will no doubt prove a challenge for me. Any advice and training tips you guys/ladies have to offer will be greatly apreciated and look forward to future chats.

Kind Regards and thanks for taking the time to read my essay :p

I will get round to taking a decent picture of her some time this week and post it on site :)

Thanks again

Dan

hello and welcome, track down a dvd called 'Purdeys Progress' its a step by step of the first 12 months of training a working lurcher, while your waiting to get hold of the dvd make sure the pup is well introduced to ferrets (let them drink milk from the same bowl at the same time). Im more of a terrier man meself but hope this info can be of help. all the best, Jay.

• Like 1