BSA Ultra attempting the Si Pittaway challenge then attempting a 15mm kill zone at 75 metres.

Hi lads and lasses,

I decided as today was my last day off before starting a new job in Nottingham to try the Si Pittaway challenge with Laura’s standard BSA Ultra and show the still unsure critics that this rifle is as good as a £600 plus rifle if used correctly and shot using the correct marksmanship principles.

Its pretty winding here at the moment so completing the challenge would take a seriously accurate rifle with me doing my best behind her trigger.

To finish with I try a 5p piece sized target at a lased 75 metres in a wind to really test the rifle down to a fine degree.

Was the standard Ultra up to this kind of test and would it complete the challenge?

Watch to see.

Here is the footage

Enjoy

Si.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LW-hu4Tsic

Edited by zini
  • Like 2

I have no doubt as to the accuracy of the Ultra Si :thumbs:

Unfortunately I cant view the video due to it being rather large, but I know the Accuracy of the rifle and I know your own markmanship skills :notworthy:

I'll watch the vid when I have more credit :yes:

Tony

OK mate not a problem :thumbs:

Basicially the Ultra did better this time than my HW100S did the first time. Its nothing to do with one being more accurate than the other though, i just must of shot better today than i did the last time.

It passed the challenge and reset all the targets in only 9 shots, it then went on and shot a 3 shot cluster group at a lased 75 metres the size of a 5p piece :icon_eek: and ended up knocking over a 15mm kill zone at 75 metres :thumbs: in only 5 shots total.

Not bad at all i think :victory:

Si

Edited by zini

hi si ive just got an hw100 t in 177 what pellits do you recomend me trying ive got

aafield, daystate heavy,accupel ,webley mozzies ,barracuda match ,can you think of any others worth trying just waiting for a break in the wind up here its a bit windy for a proper test . it seems very good at close range with accupell its one holing but thats only about 20 yds in my garden for now i was thinking long range gold what do you think bud thanks

atb craig

ps that ultra has supprised me :icon_eek:

Hi Craig,

Regarding the pellet choice, my HW100S loves RWS Super Field pellets and shoots then very well.

They are the best I’ve managed to test so far so i would say give them a try buddy .

They are almost identical to AA Fields and FX pellets but i have been told by Tony Wall that they are better looked after after they come out the pellet dia.

Regarding the Ultra surprising you, I think a lot have also been surprised by its accuracy too going by the PM's on Youtube that i am now recieving.

ATB

Si.

Edited by zini

hi si ive just got an hw100 t in 177 what pellits do you recomend me trying ive got

aafield, daystate heavy,accupel ,webley mozzies ,barracuda match ,can you think of any others worth trying just waiting for a break in the wind up here its a bit windy for a proper test . it seems very good at close range with accupell its one holing but thats only about 20 yds in my garden for now i was thinking long range gold what do you think bud thanks

atb craig

ps that ultra has supprised me :icon_eek:

Well first il start by saying well done si good shooting mate as allways the ultra is a great little gun I got one for my mrs about a month ago and I am very surprised with it straight out of the box but I am going to get it reged just purely to get more shots from it and I am going to ask if they can take the side movement out of the trigger they are my only 2 niggles with them.

Secondly craig I shoot H and N field target through my hw100 and it performs very well with these pellets so they might be worth giving a go as well bud.

atb

UM

whoop whoop mate!!! you know i know about the ultra cos ive shot it when youve been there :whistling:

your marksmanship is 2nd to none though to be fair(cocky git lol)

like i said to you when i was with you I AM DEFO GONNA GET ANOTHER ULTRA!!!! you have seen my shooting with these rifles and i never doubted you would not do the si challenge but to be honest mate i am really suprised that the ultra did better than your hw100 :tongue2:

quality shooting pal with a quality rifle ;)

peace out fella and keep the vids coming

my best regards to you and LJ :thumbs:

your mate always

chris

• Like 1

your marksmanship is 2nd to none though to be fair

your mate always

chris

Thats what I meant about the mints at 80 meters, very few of us, if any (apart from Si) is gonna be able to smash the mints into the piles of sugar they are made from.

Not only are Si's Marksmanship skills Amazing, his range finding skills are superb as well.

At the 1st meet I attended, I asked Si how far that chalk patch on the side of the hill was. He said something like 585 meters or so. I put my range finder on it and I think he was only about 3meters out the LRF said 588 Meters!

Man I wish I could be that accurate, especially over new land!

Tony

Well done Zini, very good shooting mate. When I had a go with Falcongits Ultra I found it very accrurate for a small gun, I think when we were target shooting he was hitting 5mm groups at 40yrds, which is good enough to whack most rabbits before they see you coming :D

whoop whoop mate!!! you know i know about the ultra cos ive shot it when youve been there :whistling:

your marksmanship is 2nd to none though to be fair(cocky git lol)

like i said to you when i was with you I AM DEFO GONNA GET ANOTHER ULTRA!!!! you have seen my shooting with these rifles and i never doubted you would not do the si challenge but to be honest mate i am really suprised that the ultra did better than your hw100 :tongue2:

quality shooting pal with a quality rifle ;)

peace out fella and keep the vids coming

my best regards to you and LJ :thumbs:

your mate always

chris

Thanks Chris and Ill give your best to LJ.

Now hurry up and get back up here with Tracey so we can do some more Notts vermin.

Si

your marksmanship is 2nd to none though to be fair

your mate always

chris

Thats what I meant about the mints at 80 meters, very few of us, if any (apart from Si) is gonna be able to smash the mints into the piles of sugar they are made from.

Not only are Si's Marksmanship skills Amazing, his range finding skills are superb as well.

At the 1st meet I attended, I asked Si how far that chalk patch on the side of the hill was. He said something like 585 meters or so. I put my range finder on it and I think he was only about 3meters out the LRF said 588 Meters!

Man I wish I could be that accurate, especially over new land!

Tony

Thanks Tony,

Im sure though that there are lots of regs on here that will be able to do the mints as well mate. Must of been a lucky guess o the chalk patch i think buddy ;)

Si

Well done Zini, very good shooting mate. When I had a go with Falcongits Ultra I found it very accrurate for a small gun, I think when we were target shooting he was hitting 5mm groups at 40yrds, which is good enough to whack most rabbits before they see you coming :D

Hi Steathly buddy, yep the Ultras are the best kept secret in regards to accuracy. Im actually contemplating getting rid of my New SE for another Ultra multi shot and getting it short stroked, tuned and tench regged to use as my main HFT rifle next year.

Si