s410 old and new

Hi guys

I am hopefully going to be buying myself an s410 carbine in 177 tomorrow. I have contacted a few different gun shops seeing if they had any in stock, a couple of them said that they did and they also said that they had the new ones in stock :blink: . Can any one tell me what the differences are between the old and new?

Thanks Si

hi buddy

the news ones have anti tamper,and the old ones have no anti tamper.i would go for pre anti tamper!!

Davy

Thats a bit wrong mate. Anti tamper came in at around 2007 I believe. So any old ones which were made after then will still be anti tamper.

Easy way to check is to look at the hex screw heads on the RH side of the action, The anti tamper ones have a rounded off special bolt replacing one of them. Also the "adjuster" screw on the RH side has a dome head to it rather than the normal security torx screw.

Apart from that I dont think there are any differences in them.

Id definately go for a 2nd hand one if you can, as you will avoid the initial depreciation the gun will have. If you get one 2nd hand, it will pretty much hold its value. I bought one quite a few years back and its still worth what I paid for it now!

hi buddy

the news ones have anti tamper,and the old ones have no anti tamper.i would go for pre anti tamper!!

Davy

Thats a bit wrong mate. Anti tamper came in at around 2007 I believe. So any old ones which were made after then will still be anti tamper.

Easy way to check is to look at the hex screw heads on the RH side of the action, The anti tamper ones have a rounded off special bolt replacing one of them. Also the "adjuster" screw on the RH side has a dome head to it rather than the normal security torx screw.

Apart from that I dont think there are any differences in them.

Id definately go for a 2nd hand one if you can, as you will avoid the initial depreciation the gun will have. If you get one 2nd hand, it will pretty much hold its value. I bought one quite a few years back and its still worth what I paid for it now!

you know what i mean "smart ass" :tongue2:

• Like 1

hi guys,

Thanks to all off you for your help, I have got an s410 carbine now it has a walnut stock and an air arms ev2 barrel fitted. I would also like to say thanks to buster 321c who I bought it off, I am well chuffed with it :D :D

ATB Si