bitches in heat

Guest busterdog

One of my old bitches went of the boil a little when she was in heat but came back hard as nails when she was finished, her normal work style was bay mix. It took a few weeks or a few digs (which ever came first) to settle her down to her normal style. I wonder how many good bitches have been PTS by people that didn't know the score ?.

One of my old bitches went of the boil a little when she was in heat but came back hard as nails when she was finished, her normal work style was bay mix. It took a few weeks or a few digs (which ever came first) to settle her down to her normal style. I wonder how many good bitches have been PTS by people that didn't know the score ?.

yes i wonder ??

good point that. the running dog lads are more clued up regards bitches and the effects of there seasons. there is the question of the effect a litter of pups has on a bitch.. i had a bitch a good few years ago that lost a litter after a C section. it was the following year before she settled down. to her normal style. you dont see these things discussed very often in the terrier section. could be a very interesting topic.

Where you have a couple of bitches together and one brings the other in season, Its not only very hormonal but natural instincts are to go for being the dominant bitch so you have aggression forming there. I find its about 4 - 8 weeks of things being all over the place and then with the decline of heat normality returns. I could see how some bitches may be more aggressive towards work when in season .

took my bitch out on her first dig after having pups a few year back and couldnt believe what we were seeing took her to the earth wasnt interested turned another dog in straight on now this bitch had had 4-5 good seasons and was reliable and trustworthy i couldnt believe what was happening worse was to come when we broke through to the other dog i dropped her in to have a look she was face to face she just jumped straight out the hole it made me feel sick as bearing in mind me and the lads i go out with had got pups out of her and it was looking like she had spewed bigtime any way we took her out a week or so later again and she went straight back to the way she had been she is now 9 now and is still going as good as she ever was like i said she is the best bitch i have had the pleisure to own and work and that was the only time it happened i can only put it down to having the pups i have never seen it happen before but you live and learn terriers hey you got to love em atb ks

Guest dee mac

this were stockmanship comes into it every decent dog man i have ever met be it greyhounds terriers spaniels etc could spot the changes in a bitch as she approached her season as they know the different character s of every dog in there yard so if they took out one of there best bitches and she did nt perform as usual on a set day they d know weather it was cause of her heat etc then there s the so called dog experts who never look at there dogs from one hunting day too the next there honest wee tike has an off day due too her coming into season and its pts just too look hard and give the impression that they dont keep bad dogs in front of there mates. now its fact that dogs dont make it and are pts but them decisions are made over several days or even weeks in the field and are not something too brag or feel good about as its your own time and money thats just went too waste.

• Like 2