New place last saturday

I got asked to help a lad shift some rabbits last saturday so I went up there after work with Scooby, 2 older jills and this years hob kit. I don't think i've set as many purse nets as we did on this embankment in years since getting stop nets and longnets but it was nice to be ferreting like I used to. Some of these holes went really deep and the young hob kit didn't quite know what to make of them, he was travelling the burrow but not going deep yet but hopefully that will come. A couple of times I doubted the dogs mark until I put in my little sandy jill bred from my tiny white hob and Ivan off heres jill and she disappeared off into the darkness (and off the locator) and forced the bunnies out.

We hadn't had a dig in this wood when I took these pictures but the last hole the dog marked was a nightmare. Took a while netting up as it was rough brambles on a ditch bank and then entered the sandy jill who after a bit of a run around bolted one which slipped the net and got over the ditch only to be caught by Scoob and then a bloody big rat bolted which managed to give the dog the slip in the cover and water :ranting2: . Still no sign of the jill so had a bit of a scan with the locator and found her in one spot at 5ft but she kept moving up and down the tube eventually settling in one spot so we started digging :yikes: . I've often found the mk3 can give a bit of a false reading but unfortunately it was telling the truth and the ground was full of bloody rocks from the top to the bottom eventually breaking through to a bald rabbit and a ferret wearing fur mittens on all 4 feet in a really tight tube which stopped her killing it. The dog pulled off one cracking catch where he was at the bottom of the bank and a rabbit bolted at the top which he spotted as it went over the top but even with the good head start it had he managed to catch it half way up the field.

A few crappy pics off the phone anyway

IMAG0228.jpg

IMAG0226-2.jpg

IMAG0231-1.jpg

IMAG0229.jpg

IMAG0232-Copy.jpg

Cheers, Gnipper