saluki grey

i was out wi the dog yesterday night and after the accident she had lamping two weeks ago looks like shes pulling through fine.

Anyway i was approched by a women with a lurcher in hand she went on to explain her and her boyfriend had split "thought she was making a move lol" we had a chat about the dogs didnt let on my bitch was a worker.

She then went on to say she couldnt keep the dog as they where moving into seperate houses rented an she couldnt take him with her.

She wants the dog to go to a good home, whats the chances it would make a worker its a year old an looks a cracking dog.

Would it be too much of a gamble or have these types of breed got a natural prey drive. ???

thats what i thought i questioned her a bit about the dog an she said its fine with cats but a lot of lurchers that work are steady to cats.

I"m thinking that the dogs still a pup really an might just make a cracking dog.

I no i dont no if his parents where workers, this might sound nieve but the chances are they prob will be as there are more working dogs than rabbits round me lol

have you got the time and money to bring it on and give it a cracking home? Is so get hold of someone local who knows their onions and go have a look. never get a dog on a whim - its going tobe with you for 10 years plus with some luck. I had a saluki collie rescue once and she was one of the best dogs i have ever had - it took a lot of time to bring her together but boy was it worth it.

oh and yeah she wants a good f**k - she couldn't be more obvious. maybe if you do it well enough you get the dog for free?

You never know I've seen lurchers from rescue shelters turn out brilliant get someone else take a look at it but as you say it's still young and with alot of work it could turn good

Sorry j.dog what do ya mean by get someone else to look at it mate.?? atb

sorry I should be abit more clear I mean get a friend to have a look at the dog to see what they think of it to see if they think it's worth the effort

ive got a saluki grey bitch came from some kennels as a pup bout 10 months when i got her, still had dewclaws so dunno if she was bred for the job but she can certainly do her job,so u can never really tell mate might be the best dog you ever seen might be shite, id say its worth a chance. atb

have you got the time and money to bring it on and give it a cracking home? Is so get hold of someone local who knows their onions and go have a look. never get a dog on a whim - its going tobe with you for 10 years plus with some luck. I had a saluki collie rescue once and she was one of the best dogs i have ever had - it took a lot of time to bring her together but boy was it worth it.

oh and yeah she wants a good f**k - she couldn't be more obvious. maybe if you do it well enough you get the dog for free?

eh, im on my way

yer mate i have her number an was gonna say to her al have her for a couple of nights or something just to see if she"ll settel wi my dog.

Take her out lamping an see if she shows any signs of interest.

What ya recon???

that would be a good idea if she agrees to let you take her for a few days but she may want to get to know you better if you get my drift lol