A walk in the woods?

ok this might be a stupid question but i have seen alot of threads where people say they "went for a quick walk through the woods" either shooting squirrels or whatever. are these woods on peoples permission? usually when someone goes shooting at a permission they say they are going to a permission but when its a walk through the woods there is no mention of the word permission.

maybe im just getting sick of mine or my friends back garden and the fact i had my permission pinched before i had the chance to shoot on it, but im gagging to get out and do some "different" shooting

cheers all

Nick

Hi Nick,

I should think that the woods are on perms :yes: afterall we wouldn't want to be breaking the laws of the land and giving the anti's any more ammo to use against us.

Don't be tempted just to go anywhere that seems private and secluded, it's not worth the risk :no:

If you were to do so and got caught, at best there are serious penalties, fines, prison or both at worst, you could wind up with a 9mm being pulled out of you by the coroner!

It's seriously bloody hard work gaining permission to shoot over ground took me an age as it does most people unless your either connected or have the luck and brass nuts as those two geordie's. My 1st permission was a verbal one, but I wouldn't risk shooting on it until I managed to get it in writing, which took me another 7 months after the original verbal permission.

Good luck in your quest to find some land, you'll get there in the end :yes:

Tony

Quite a few woods on my permissions, even the wide windbreaks have greys in them, so this would be a place I would walk with the dog if I wanted to have a general wander with the gun and dog, squizzers are normal quarry due to the dog treeing them and running everything else off :D

fair enough. when i originally posted the question the wound was still pretty raw from getting my first perm stolen so the cogs in my head were running overtime.

Get on the phone, or have a drive round some farms, bare in mind you are trying to make an impression on the landowner when you turn up, and eventually you will find a bit more permission :thumbs: