Lack of Borders ?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Starting a club is a waste of time, what happened to johnny blucks club? The only hope for the working border is for close knit groups of genuine working terrier lads to test & cull hard, place pu

They only get slated by the people that have to take there terriers out on a leash all the time and haven't got the patience to wait a bit longer to enter them. I can't fault them for an all round wor

This Border dog done his job today!  

easy anser borders are a pile of shit all jibbers never seen a working 1 dun waste your time get your self a patterdale or lakey ffs

you just got to look in right place :thumbs:

Correct mate but I reckon the lads with decent stuff wont be too keen on parting with their stuff. Theres been a lot of shite produced & sold as working stuff in Durham & these same lads are the ones that troll the shows, fabricate pedigrees & are only interested in how much they can make

• Like 1

Starting a club is a waste of time, what happened to johnny blucks club? The only hope for the working border is for close knit groups of genuine working terrier lads to test & cull hard, place pups with each other & keep these pups out of the hands of idiots & knackers who 'fancy' a Border as they're starting out. It goes without saying there shouldn't be any money changing hands & anyone trying to justify selling them for +£300 is full of shit

• Like 6

Working Borders exist. You may have to spend a bit of time and research to find em and even more to assure thier breeders that you are "the real deal". Went from the other side of the pond to a working kennel on the Emerald Isle. Was not disappointed in what I found there and am very satisfied in what came back home with me.

Black dogs are great. IMHO the a lot of thier good traits can be seen in good working Borders and very likely came from the Border Blood instilled early on. The every mans black dog culture has indeed created a lot of good workers. Again IMHO this is a far different mindset and far less effort and resources required than those that have kept Working Borders.

A good worker from any type is great, A good working Border is Divine.

• Like 1

Working Borders exist. You may have to spend a bit of time and research to find em and even more to assure thier breeders that you are "the real deal". Went from the other side of the pond to a working kennel on the Emerald Isle. Was not disappointed in what I found there and am very satisfied in what came back home with me.

Black dogs are great. IMHO the a lot of thier good traits can be seen in good working Borders and very likely came from the Border Blood instilled early on. The every mans black dog culture has indeed created a lot of good workers. Again IMHO this is a far different mindset and far less effort and resources required than those that have kept Working Borders.

Been out today for a bit of a do, keeper said he has seen to many foxes on the shoot. We tried a few earths but no good so we decided to look at a big earth. Not a good place, we had 4 guns so they surrounded this big old place. I put ted in (A 4 year border) he is not to hard but very steady, picked him up at 2.4 but left him for about 20 mins no bolt so checked him again he was at 0.8 and baying steady but he gets up and personal as you break through. Nice dog fox with a vixen - the keeper must of been happy he bought me a pasty and a pint :D

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Been out today for a bit of a do, keeper said he has seen to many foxes on the shoot. We tried a few earths but no good so we decided to look at a big earth. Not a good place, we had 4 guns so they surrounded this big old place. I put ted in (A 4 year border) he is not to hard but very steady, picked him up at 2.4 but left him for about 20 mins no bolt so checked him again he was at 0.8 and baying steady but he gets up and personal as you break through. Nice dog fox with a vixen - the keeper must of been happy he bought me a pasty and a pint :D

DSC00107-1.jpg

Edited by The Breeder
  • Like 4

never seen one go too earth but not goign too lie iv never hurd anything good about them as being earthdogs but iv seen them work bushes and thick cover which they work a treat, just not for me when it comes too propper terrier graft

I have work and bred Lakeys for over 30 year :thumbs: Edited by The Breeder

DSC00107-1.jpg

nice dog

never seen one go too earth but not goign too lie iv never hurd anything good about them as being earthdogs but iv seen them work bushes and thick cover which they work a treat, just not for me when it comes too propper terrier graft

mid.land.err they are a good dog underground i have a bitch here that i bred of her mother and she was a demon working everytime we dug to her mr red was dead she went in and that was that. have a bitch out of her hear now and have only worked her a few times cause she is the same as the mother no back door. i like to let alot of mr red run for again so thats why she is left at home when digging but great at bushing her nose is deadly . cheers danny