Hello from Oxfordshire

Hey, Fairly new to the site, hunting and countryside in general.

I've dabbled in beating, shotgun shooting, ferreting, fox hunting and fishing since I was 4 or 5 (I'm 17 now!) and now I'm getting serious with a "part-time" job killing bunnies. I don't get paid to do it, I just get money from the butchers for it! :D

I do plenty of shooting through cadets and as general field sport at targets however, and I'd like to say I'm a rather good shot. (County Junior Air rifle champion, County Junior Archery Champion and Second in the County Junior Shotgun Clay Shoot, all for 2011).

If anyone in the Oxfordshire area has cheap or free opportunities for me to take part in hunting, and doesn't mind a tag along who will definitely learn and pull their weight as much as possible, then please let me know.

Thanks ever so much,

Bunny.

Lots of permission probably about 300 acres, which for the amount I do and the amount of rabbits on it is a lot. We had 32 in just over an hour a few weekends back, but no dog. I'm only 17, still in education and doing it as weekend sport. The mother wouldn't let me get ferrets, but she went on holiday and didn't take me. They soon moved in to the back garden the day after she left. Getting a second dog though? That's a no no. Will look into getting one as I get more into the hunting scene and get older and more responsible. :D

I like keeping it simple anyway, less to worry about. :p

Bunny.

That's the best day we had. Very well done warrens, 3 or 4 ferrets in each time and their was 5 of us setting and working. I think we had 3 missed. Not had a day like it since. The population around me is booming. Nobody deals with them like in more "Rural" areas such as Wales, Scotland or Yorkshire. Oxfordshire is very "quiet" on the hunting scene. It is a bit of a struggle to find hunts, shoots and ferreters in my area. I've had to train my friends in order to take them out at weekends. :p

Oh, and by "Getting a second dog?" I mean I wouldn't be able to get a working dog. My domestic dog is fat and slow and old and I wouldn't be able to teach him shit. He's the family dog and really belongs to my mother, but I do love him. :p

Bunny.

Edited by Bunny Boiler

That's the best day we had. Very well done warrens, 3 or 4 ferrets in each time and their was 5 of us setting and working. I think we had 3 missed. Not had a day like it since. The population around me is booming. Nobody deals with them like in more "Rural" areas such as Wales, Scotland or Yorkshire. Oxfordshire is very "quiet" on the hunting scene. It is a bit of a struggle to find hunts, shoots and ferreters in my area. I've had to train my friends in order to take them out at weekends. :p

Oh, and by "Getting a second dog?" I mean I wouldn't be able to get a working dog. My domestic dog is fat and slow and old and I wouldn't be able to teach him shit. He's the family dog and really belongs to my mother, but I do love him. :p

Bunny.

That is the nicest thing to hear, mate :yes:

I do loads of rabbit work in and around henley / sonning, mostly ferreting with net or bolting and shooting. I do have my regular crew but if for any reason im let down your welcome to come along. I pay £10 per hour and you can take as many rabbits home as you like. PM me ur number mate