Ouija Boards

Anyone ever tried it....and what happened?

My parents did one when they were young with my auntie and uncle, apparently it started spelling out the name of my mums cousin who drowned when he was 11 and was giving more details on the date it happened and a couple of other things. My dad said the glass was moving and stopping so fast it couldn't possibly have been one of them messing about. My auntie freaked out and ran out crying and my mum still can't talk about it now.

I want to have a go myself at some point, always a bit sceptical about things like that so want to see it with my own eyes.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I done one once in my pals house the welsh dresser started rumbling all over the place & the ouija board started to spell the word...........................................................D...

Did a ouija board once and got in contact with Liberace & Freddie Mercury But had to stop as they put the willies up me

ive heard a few tales about so called encounters. a village near us called airth.two hardy pit men were supposedly doing it,and conjured up the devil himself.it shattered the smoked glass dining tabl

I read that it's a form of self hypnosis. :yes: Someone taking part is spelling things out, even if they're doing so subconsciously and don't actually realise they're doing it.

hmm, that's interesting...never heard that theory before. Why would it stop when the circle is broken though?

I read that it's a form of self hypnosis. :yes: Someone taking part is spelling things out, even if they're doing so subconsciously and don't actually realise they're doing it.

hmm, that's interesting...never heard that theory before. Why would it stop when the circle is broken though?

Dunno mate. Maybe the breaking of the circle would break the concentration and snap whoever was doing the subconscious moving back out of it? :hmm:

Dunno mate. Maybe the breaking of the circle would break the concentration and snap whoever was doing the subconscious moving back out of it? :hmm:

just done a search, this is one blokes theory that matches what you've said malt...

What makes the pointer move? An effect similar to that which occurs in dowsing, known as the ideomotor effect. This is a fancy name for involuntary/unconscious movement, such as a dowser's hand flicking enough to move his stick when he passes over an area he knows has water. The basic point is that your muscles can move without your consciously thinking, "move to the word YES." As the Skeptic''s Dictionary says, "suggestions can be made to the mind by others or by observations. Those suggestions can influence the mind and affect motor behavior. What is purely physiological, however, appears to some to be paranormal." In other words, if you believe this stuff and are trying to get the spirits to answer questions proving that they are all-knowing, and you ask a question that you already know the answer to (for example, "What's my father's name?"), odds are that your own hands will do the rest by spelling out your answer. That's where trying it blindfolded comes in (provided you haven't memorized the board, obviously). If it's spirits, they should be able to guide your hands no matter whether you can see or not. But if it's you doing it unconsciously, the blindfold will screw things up.

You could be right malt, we took turns removing our fingers from the glass and it was all coming through one person.

The only thing I can't understand was the force in which the glass was moving, it wasn't like that person was pushing it.

I done one once in my pals house :blink: the welsh dresser started rumbling all over the place :cray: & the ouija board started to spell the word...........................................................D.........I.........L.........D.........O :hmm: we was like ''WHAT THE FCUK'' :icon_eek: then it all went quiet but fcuk all happend :hmm: ...................................it wasn't till a week later my pals mother was killed by her own ''BLACK 22 INCHER'' ,the basstard thing was supposed to have exploded into life out of the bedside unit & BUMMED HER TO DEATH :laugh::rofl: :rofl: R.I.P ....................MADGE

• Like 5