gamekeeping job for 52 year old

well whats happens is my 52 year ols uncel has been told hes been made redundant and has till janury to get out his hoouse as the estate has packd in as there is no gouse to shoot so hes looking for a new job and has been a keeper all his life so he knows hat hes talking about pm me with any info on were to look

well whats happens is my 52 year ols uncel has been told hes been made redundant and has till janury to get out his hoouse as the estate has packd in as there is no gouse to shoot so hes looking for a new job and has been a keeper all his life so he knows hat hes talking about pm me with any info on were to look

From an estate thats packed in as there is no grouse?

Not being funny pal but that looks shite on a CV, at that age I would be looking for a change in career.

FTB

From an estate thats packed in as there is no grouse?

Not being funny pal but that looks shite on a CV, at that age I would be looking for a change in career.

FTB

in all fairness hes 52. no point in a change in career if thats the only job hes done in this day an age. im 28 and had to change my career a couple of years bk when the building sites went tits up. went bk to college and got retrained and i still struggle to find work! itll be even harder for him at 52.

Grouse is slowly but surely turning into a young mans game.

Trying to find a job on a reputable estate at his age will be slim to nill.

And whats he going to do in 10 years time when he cant get out the same?

Most people after all those years in the job would be looking for an exit strategy, I know I would.

ATB

FTB

Edited by FightTheBan
  • 2 weeks later...

Helen benson ngo job register mate

http://www.nationalg...ry/resource/54/

Absolutely - Helen Benson, but it's the Gamekeepers Welfare Trust job register, not NGO. ;) Originally I believe Helen ran it on a voluntary basis but the job register is now part of the range of services GWT provide for gamekeepers, stalkers, ghillies and their dependants.

If you've been (or may be) made redundant, the GWT can provide much more than just the job register - phone their Helpline and talk to them on 01677 470180.

• Like 1

Helen benson ngo job register mate

http://www.nationalg...ry/resource/54/

Absolutely - Helen Benson, but it's the Gamekeepers Welfare Trust job register, not NGO. ;) Originally I believe Helen ran it on a voluntary basis but the job register is now part of the range of services GWT provide for gamekeepers, stalkers, ghillies and their dependants.

If you've been (or may be) made redundant, the GWT can provide much more than just the job register - phone their Helpline and talk to them on 01677 470180.

So if you ring the number as advertised by the ngo does it not put you through to helen benson then?

Edited by danw

Sorry - wasn't very clear.

The number on the NGO page is the GWT's helpline number and gets you through to whoever is looking after the helpline at that point in time - Helen or one of her team.

Helen is the lynchpin who runs the GWT, along with her team of volunteers. There are representatives from NGO, SGA and other organisations on the board of Trustees. But the Gamekeepers Welfare Trust (and it's work, inc the job register) is a separate organisation.

I think the page on the NGO website is an old one from when Helen ran a Welfare Network for keepers; I don't think the NGO website was updated when things moved on and the GWT was formed (it's a registered charity).

So yes, the number on the page gets you to someone who can help get you on the job register, but it's the GWT who run it.