Frost, snow - pike fishing weather on the way ;)

Frost, snow - pike fishing weather on the way

weather.jpg

If you've been moaning about how how mild it's been, be careful what you wish for. For arctic temperatures are on the way this week, according to the papers.

The mercury fell to nearly -2C in Santon Downham, on the Norfolk/Suffolk border. last night. Parts of the Fens saw their first frost. Elsewhere, forecasters reckon Scotland and the North could even be in for some snow this week.More on that here.

Rain's on the way too, which will warm the hearts of river anglers. We posted some links to weather sites a few days back - click here if you missed it.

niall_b73

Happy days that's good news if you ask me.

Your right about that mate. Anyone know when snow or frost coming to northern ireland?

there was snow today in the north of ireland.

"The Glenshane Road has also been described as "treacherous" due to sleet and snow."

http://www.u.tv/News/Woman-rescued-as-NI-roads-flood/79416ecd-b180-4559-a799-c43062f6e7a8

niall_b73

Cold frosty morning and the only sound to be heard is the splash of ur dead bits as its breaks the silence of the morning, Then wrapped up in ur best winter wollies, sounds good to me.

I asked some time ago about a one day Pike comp with members off the site, I know that we would have at least six members who would take part no problem, any of you lads fancy a session and meeting up.

• Like 1

I asked some time ago about a one day Pike comp with members off the site, I know that we would have at least six members who would take part no problem, any of you lads fancy a session and meeting up.

so what area, boat or bank ??

niall_b73

Hope its closer to me soon. Glenshane road is that the road with the we bar with the highest bar in ireland?

Yeah it's called the pandorosa bar if I remember correctly. 1000 ft above sea level. Used to stop off for a pint on the way to Derry.

Bank fishing, around Cavan area or wherever suits all, Brian I will let ya know if we can get enough heads on board, ya would be most welcome to stay here the night beofre if ya wanted :thumbs:

thanks for the offer john i appreciate it pal my mates fished rosscommon last week had fish up to 25lb