League Against Cruel Sports

Take a look at this link.

I don't know what you think but I think that they may be a little bias in what they say?

LINK REMOVED

Never-the-less this site has made me have a long hard look at myself and I think I might jack it in and take up chess instead :cray:

This is my favorite bit, which is yours?

During a foxhunt a hunted fox will naturally run to the nearest holes familiar to it, however they are likely to be blocked with materials such as sacks of rubble the night before the hunt.

#1 a fox would keep running regardless...

#2 what self respecting huntsman would not only think that he knew which way his hounds are going to run the following day but also walk the tens of miles through woodland, up and down hills and mountains with sacks of rubble to block fox dens up that the hunted fox won't even use anyway?

For a better laugh, have a look at the Hunting FAQ's page.

Feel free to post if you think any of their statements are inaccurate :laugh:

Also, was there something on TV last night about Labour retracting their views of the ban being the best idea since sliced bread?

Happy friday afternoon

Sam :thumbs:

The fox doesn't even do much of the bit i highlighted in red...

Guest thebigdog

Take a look at this link.

I don't know what you think but I think that they may be a little bias in what they say?

LINK REMOVED

ever-the-less this site has made me have a long hard look at myself and I think I might jack it in and take up chess instead :cray:

This is my favorite bit, which is yours?

During a foxhunt a hunted fox will naturally run to the nearest holes familiar to it, however they are likely to be blocked with materials such as sacks of rubble the night before the hunt.

#1 a fox would keep running regardless...

#2 what self respecting huntsman would not only think that he knew which way his hounds are going to run the following day but also walk the tens of miles through woodland, up and down hills and mountains with sacks of rubble to block fox dens up that the hunted fox won't even use anyway?

For a better laugh, have a look at the Hunting FAQ's page.

Feel free to post if you think any of their statements are inaccurate :laugh:

Also, was there something on TV last night about Labour retracting their views of the ban being the best idea since sliced bread?

Happy friday afternoon

Sam :thumbs:

The fox doesn't even do much of the bit i highlighted in red...

not with your chunky labs behind it anyway :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

• Thousands of tonnes of lead shot are discharged over rural Britain. Lead shot is harmful to wildlife preying on shot birds and can leave poisonous residue in the soil, lakes and rivers.

I find this funny.

1 Tonne = 1000000 grammes

An average cartridge contains 36 grammes of shot i think, so that would mean 27777.8 Carts had to be fired to make 1 tonne of lead. To make the quoted 1000 tonnes of lead that would need to be 27777777.7778 carts fired. I'm not sure how many carts are fired each year in britain but it cant be that much. :laugh:

Just using 'Pure Gold - 30 gram Felt' which would be 31p a cart that would cost the shooters of the uk £8611111.11 Which sounds plausible. :icon_redface:

For the record I have no idea what so ever about shooting shotguns so what I've said could well be nonsence. :laugh:

Richard

Edited by RaiderBoy