Fallow

Guest Lurchers2006

From all your experinces, which was the easiest to take, roe, fallow, red, muntjack, CWD, Sika?

With your avarage strong deer hunting Lurcher?

Cheers,

Frank.

Chinese wd, were the easiest i have taken, and Red stags are without doubt the hardest ive taken. I cant comment on Sika because ive never been fortunate enough to catch one. But my pup is 10mths old now and making a size. :hmm::hmm::hmm:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally know a bitch of about 23" that has run & eventually pulled a large male fallow..when I get 5 I'll post a pic...............IMO deer is all about technique..........a 26" lump of a bullx could grab a big buck by its arse & get dragged through feilds & then a slight 24" LURCHER run the same size quarry & nail it with a throat hold............Dont get me wrong a good big un is better than a good little un but like I said I think technique plays a very big part................ ;)

could it do this regular ? 5,6,7 times a night or would you say it was a one off ? :drink:

like everything in the world size does matter,where fallow are concerned,ihave had alot of fallow over the years, and i do own some very good deer dogs, ive lamped em on foot out of motors done the lot.are we talkin about park deer that you could walk up to and slap.or the more wiley wild ones that go like race horses!!! 1 first the dog must be ouick enough to match his deer ,brave enough to pull it ,alot will run along side pretendin!!then this is the hardest once the deer is on the deck hold on to it .21" my arse :D a fully grown adult buck will give any decent dog a torrid time no matter what techniqe it has thats why i use two :D:D better catch rate but more will get away than are pulled :big_boss:

like everything in the world size does matter,where fallow are concerned,ihave had alot of fallow over the years, and i do own some very good deer dogs, ive lamped em on foot out of motors done the lot.are we talkin about park deer that you could walk up to and slap.or the more wiley wild ones that go like race horses!!! 1 first the dog must be ouick enough to match his deer ,brave enough to pull it ,alot will run along side pretendin!!then this is the hardest once the deer is on the deck hold on to it .21" my arse :D a fully grown adult buck will give any decent dog a torrid time no matter what techniqe it has thats why i use two :D:D better catch rate but more will get away than are pulled :big_boss:

this is one off the best replies ive seen so far

deer men

keep it real

dobby :victory:

I personally know a bitch of about 23" that has run & eventually pulled a large male fallow..when I get 5 I'll post a pic...............IMO deer is all about technique..........a 26" lump of a bullx could grab a big buck by its arse & get dragged through feilds & then a slight 24" LURCHER run the same size quarry & nail it with a throat hold............Dont get me wrong a good big un is better than a good little un but like I said I think technique plays a very big part................ ;)

could it do this regular ? 5,6,7 times a night or would you say it was a one off ? :drink:

ill have this aswell :laugh: