last night a small trip out

with a wake up call from the mother running into my bedroom saying there was a job to go to near wigan i jumped out of mt bed and work clothes where straight on. the job was 3.5 hours away near wigan so the shift consisted of around a 12 and a half hour roung trip. as the van rolled up the drive i seen my dogs eyes light up in his pen and though he is layed up at the min with a broken leg i could smell some hunting was going down tonight.

after getting some pork and chips i slipped into my camo and got out the bsa meteor and took him outside.. a slight bit of westerly wind was blowing in my favour and darkness had setteled by now... i stroled the 10 muinute walk to the permission and began to realise how tired i realy was but this is no excuse for a real air gunner.. i entered the permission i turned on the beam only to see a fox .... now my permission is only 7 acres or there abouts so this aint a good sighn.. with an hour and a half or some verry fine feild craft i still had seen not a bunny so that was that i was going home... i turned 180 degrees and there before me at aroung 26 yards lay tomorows dinner...

i dropped to prone and raised my rifle, inhale ... exhale...inhale... exhale...inhale...exha.... crunch.... right on target .. it was a fair sized buck rabbit with verry big rear feet.... anyway i was happy with the nights hunting and thought it wise to be headding back home ....

i leave my permission and enter the industrial estate on my way home and power station armed guards roll up beside me with more questions than chriss tarrent.... anyway i explained that i have permission but no written slip on person... they understand and dont question the matter... anyway some talk of hunting goes on and they told me to phone powerstation as they only have one shooter on the land and he aint too good aparently.. so i have called and am waiting for a call back as i type ... anyway this my first proper post so hope you enjoy the read guys

thanks , spot.me.in.the.dark

it hey ... firstly there is wood pigeon as it is justy off the industrial estate but i dont shoot them .... it was deffinetly a rabbit (white meat).... and phone call came saying they only let employees shoot for insurance reasons ... so i asked if they wanted to employ me..... no joy there though..... but still i got enough permission to keep food on the table and thats all that counts

thanks guys

spot.me.in.the.dark

hey again thanks for the replys lads ... i dont shoot wood pigeon as the land owner likes them.... they cause no bother to the horses lol i love aeting them.... anyway just got a rabbit and black pudding pie going golden brown so i think i best be off to eat it ... may have a trip out tonight you never know what lies ahead...