squeeking from front end

I had it with a Pajero many moon's ago and the faster i drove the louder it became..the problem causing it was one of the anti squeal shim's that tension the brake pad's was slightly touching the edge of the break disc.. so i took the shim out and ground a fraction of the edge of it and the problem was solved.. :victory:

I had it with a Pajero many moon's ago and the faster i drove the louder it became..the problem causing it was one of the anti squeal shim's that tension the brake pad's was slightly touching the edge of the break disc.. so i took the shim out and ground a fraction of the edge of it and the problem was solved.. :victory:

mines the opposite mate when im at a decent speed it seems to stop, anything up tp 40mph is the worst

I would try taking the pad's out anyway mate and clean any flaked rust from around the disc's and check that they is no stones stuck any where near the disc's..it's easy to do and wont take too long..worth a try i would say before you look at other option's..

Edited by Millet

I would try taking the pad's out anyway mate and clean any flaked rust from around the disc's and check that they is no stones stuck any where near the disc's..it's easy to do and wont take too long..worth a try i would say before you look at other option's..

cheers mate il have a look and see what i can do.....keep an eye out for my next post "how do i put my brakes back together" :icon_redface::laugh:

it could also be your anti roll supports i had a terrano and that did the same thing fixed it for £30 if i remember correctly if you look at the motor from yhe front its a bar with a bush on each end one bolts through the wish bone and the other up higher its worth a look at them first before you dismantle you brakes

Chances are it's going to be a dry joint on either balljoints track rod end or the antiroll bar links. Try just bouncing the truck from the bumper each side. Easiest way to find which parts failing puncture the joint gaitors with small thin screwdriver then squirt wd40 in through the hole using the straw.

Do one at a time then bounce till squeak stops

Atb

Kev

Chances are it's going to be a dry joint on either balljoints track rod end or the antiroll bar links. Try just bouncing the truck from the bumper each side. Easiest way to find which parts failing puncture the joint gaitors with small thin screwdriver then squirt wd40 in through the hole using the straw.

Do one at a time then bounce till squeak stops

Atb

Kev

:thumbs: had my mate come and look again as i didnt have a clue what you meant :icon_redface: he read this and did just that and BINGO no more squeek :victory: