purse nets

i have been using the same hemp nets for a few year now and there showing there age so its time to get some more i have seen the bright coloured ones about but i was just wondering what is better spun polly or spun nylon

am looking for heavy ones as i ferret alot in brambles

and if you can point me in the wright direction if any one on hear makes them and sells them

atb farmer

spun nylon comes in heavy guage up to 12z (z) equates to pounds of rabbit but most people are now using spun polyester which is 4z (40lb) breaking strain. the advantage of the spun polyester is that it is brightly coloured with the rabbits being colour blind the barely see the net plus the ferreter wont leave a brightly coloured net lying in a field as it is easily spotted to collect.i use heavy one inch welded rings on mine as this adds to the weight and make my nets 42 inches long and 18 meshes wide as that works for the north east of uk.i do make them and there £2.50 for the length stated and postage on 10 is £3.00 spun polyester does not rot like hemp did and lasts much longer. my nets have literally dried out in my bag and they dont tangle and rot like hemp used to.

Edited by AndyKelly

spun nylon comes in heavy guage up to 12z (z) equates to pounds of rabbit but most people are now using spun polyester which is 4z (40lb) breaking strain. the advantage of the spun polyester is that it is brightly coloured with the rabbits being colour blind the barely see the net plus the ferreter wont leave a brightly coloured net lying in a field as it is easily spotted to collect.i use heavy one inch welded rings on mine as this adds to the weight and make my nets 42 inches long and 18 meshes wide as that works for the north east of uk.i do make them and there £2.50 for the length stated and postage on 10 is £3.00 spun polyester does not rot like hemp did and lasts much longer. my nets have literally dried out in my bag and they dont tangle and rot like hemp used to.

goes up to 16z now but was only available in black the last time i purchased some :thumbs:

i have been using the same hemp nets for a few year now and there showing there age so its time to get some more i have seen the bright coloured ones about but i was just wondering what is better spun polly or spun nylon

am looking for heavy ones as i ferret alot in brambles

and if you can point me in the wright direction if any one on hear makes them and sells them

atb farmer

i am trying the new 10 z nets they seam ok but only just started using them steve