Help please

ive recently got a problem with my remmy 700 .223 now i clean the gun barrel and chamber regular my problem is i went out the other day to have a bit of target fun with it i noticed after about 4 shots i was having trouble with the bolt pulling back and releasing the empty cases, so i went back to my car and cleaned the chamber and barrel and set off again to have ago and would you believe it 1st shot and its stuck again, now i was really pulling on the bolt with no joy so i kept cocking the bolt and shooting it with the empty case inside until it came out this went on for about 3 more shots until i gave up and went home, then sent Remington a email with not a very clear answer, Now ive not changed my ammo i only use accu tips or hornady v-max and the gun has not been this bad before any ideas or cures as i like this gun but now its getting me a bit pee'd off.

sounds like to much pressure , if u are doing your own loading id check your scales , and double check to make sure u put the right amount of powder in .another way is to buy a box of ammo from your local and try them , if all fail,s take it back and get it checked out .all the best.

derboy

Thanks for the replies i forgot to say this is with factory loads which ive been using for ages and i even tried some other makes now and still the same result. ive also noticed small outward dents around the neck/shoulder of the cases and a scratch mark on the case.

have look down to see if u got any rust build up . got a mate who dropped a round on the floor , never clean,d it first,

and did,t use the gun for a while had big problem with rust in chamber and had the same problem , bolt jamed had to take it to shop to fix it , hence the rust build up .

its worth a look. if all else fail,s get shot of it .

derboy

had another read of first post to re think , only other thing i can think off ,you said i recently had a problem , so how long have you had it, and is it new .

you also said you clean it regular so rust should not be the issue .

only the other thing is the head-space is :censored: that means the gun is :censored: .

if its new take it back , under guarantee.

all the best

derboy

Had a very similar problems with AI's and the issue was a build up of carbon and copper/brass, in the CHAMBER. This had the effect of closing the headspace down. Clean, then de-copper with a decent fluid, using good quality chamber brushes, and this MAY solve the problem. If you ask around, many people fail to clean the chamber with the same discipline that they clean the barrel.

Hope this helps.