Slow Motion Projectile Impacts

It all lookes incredibly beautiful like this. I wonder what is the source of those intercepting pellet/ball shots at 2:00. Or is it shrapnel effect of some sort? They appear to be knocking out and destroying speeding shells whatever they are. Interesting to note that there is no visible rotation effect from rifled barrels on some of these various rounds. Amazing footage Andy!

Edited by pianoman

It all lookes incredibly beautiful like this. I wonder what is the source of those intercepting pellet/ball shots at 2:00. Or is it shrapnel effect of some sort? They appear to be knocking out and destroying speeding shells whatever they are. Interesting to note that there is no visible rotation effect from rifled barrels on some of these various rounds. Amazing footage Andy!

It's a pretty bloody impressive bit of timeing however the hell the managed to hit those bullets in flight with another projectile. That must've taken some patiance to set up!!

Spot on that Andy bud :thumbs: .

There are some very interesting ballistic matter traces to look at there mate.

Wouldnt want to be in a armoured vehicle when a volley of 50 cal rounds comes your way.

Si.

• Like 1

The days of being safe inside an armoured vehicle really are a thing of the past now. I'd like to see footage like this of Fleschette rounds that were being developed during my days of service. These looked like a slightly longer-bodied conventional rifle bullet. But, once fired, the bullet outer casing broke away to launch several tiny dart-like needle-thin projectiles called Fleschettes; about 2.5 inches long. These can penetrate the weave of bullet proof flak-jackets and vests and bend like needles inside your body. Horrible things that can do unbelievable damage as they bend and deform, tearing around inside you! And Battlefield Medicine cannot yet come up with a safe way of extracting them from being deeply embedded within the unfortunate victim.

Really bloody nasty things those.

Edited by pianoman