deerhound/ collie luchers

just wanted to know if these were such a great cross twenty years ago why are they still not around some people say they were good alounders so why they not as popular want to know what were they like as ferreting dogs and moochers are people still breeding these crosses and how do you rate them against the bull x and saluki x that took the place of this cross if you got any pic put them up what were the aveage height this cross make and what was general obedience like

got pictures of originals from 83 good allround dogs but thye were just worrking lurcher to lurcher not first crosses proper lurcher to lurcher bred down from hare dog to hare dog opnly bred when tested ,they were a site lot better than the hanchock stuff that followd in the allround stakes

got a black bitch simlair to the one you have loks wise bred diffrent ,a bit greyhoundy for me , but decent bitch all the same , whats the wind like with the greyhoundy bitch you bred , as i found some greyhoundy dogs ive had lacking in a good recovery on big runs

She's very fast Whin (faster than her 1/4 beardie 3/4 greyhound sire), and very small for a deerhound type (23"), she can turn on a sixpence. Shes still quite young so I wouldnt yet want to comment on her stamina just yet, hopefully by the end of the season I'll have more idea but her mother has excellent stamina, she runs on some difficult ground for long distances, so I'm hoping she'll have inherited this. As far as being greyhoundy, well I think that just shows through because she's smooth coated, her dam is just as racy underneath all that hair..

Shes fit as a lop and raring to go this season, looking forward to it :D

Edited by Keeps

a few phots maybe one day illle get a few up , shees bred from my own collie line a nd my saluki cross tyne but through back to mothers side very pacy gave her a blast last nite she done fine just abit small for my liking but very handy bitch i like mines 25 dogs 26 27 ,shees under 24 last nite i was driving she done a fair few miles and was there at end of nite, caut a few and had afew good runs, shees not total fit yet but getting there as more feilds get cut and quarry is about to get her runnng fit