what can a air rifle kill

think its more what can u kill humanely mate i personlay dont shoot anything bigger than rabbits but know it could kill other things know of lads what shoot hares with them but cant think of anything less sporting than killing one the best athletes in the country but then again if ur shooting for the pot suppose u shoot what u can

Edited by dave goodall

Yeah i'm not planning on killing anything tbh just wanted to know in general , my target practise is getting better but not ready for animals and even when my shooting is accurate , idont know if i have it me to kill a animal unless there is a purpose.

Simple answer mate is look at what is currently in the air rifle vermin list and stick to that.

You wont go wrong then.

If you try and kill anything else you will be breaking the law.

ATB

Si

There's a difference between what an air rifle CAN kill, and what it is humane (and legal) to kill with it.

Air rifles are serious tools, and can do a LOT of damage. They CAN kill foxes, cats, dogs, swans, small children (all of these I've seen reported in the press). It only takes a small amount of power to destroy some of the more sensitive areas and extinguish life. A brain shot on a rabbit requires a striking energy of less than 2 ft.lb to kill, an 11.6 ft.lb air rifle will be at this level out past 100 yards (not saying it'll be accurate at that range, but the energy is there).

As Si says, stick to the approved quarry list, and sensible distances, and you will be able to achieve clean and humane kills.