ferreting this morning

me and my nephew decided last night that we'd have a few hours ferreting this morning so we were up by 6am and at the first set by about 6.30am we desided to start on a local playing field where there seems to be quite a few rabbits at. we did the first three sets and nothing at home which was a suprise as all the holes seemed to be clean and had fresh dropping around them. we moved on to the fourth set it was a 4 holer we netted up with some brand new hemp nets which id just made a few weeks ago and entered the sandy hob ferret iv got it was in about 2 mins then we heard bumping and a rabbit bolted in to one of the nets but managed to get out and got away cause the net didnt close properly it had snagged on a root which stopped it from closing so i quickly snapped the root off and replaced the net just as another rabbit bolted from another hole into a net this one didnt get away though :D there was nothing more in that set so we moved on and tryed another 5 sets but nothing at home so we decided to move to another location and let my sandy jill have a go we got another 2 rabbits from the second set we done it should have been 3 but my nephew who was on the other side of the dyke didnt see a small bolt hole in the long grass until a rabbit bolted out of it he's only 14 and still learning so i let him off with that one :laugh: we tried about 7 more sets but there was no more rabbits at home so we decided to call it a day we ended up with a total of 3 rabbits not the best of days but we enjoyed it and i got some food for the ferrets for a few days. hope you like the write up heres a few pics of the day.

post-60938-0-72490500-1314289604.jpg

post-60938-0-69668300-1314289682.jpg

post-60938-0-67918900-1314289724.jpg

post-60938-0-13724700-1314289803.jpg

post-60938-0-55297400-1314289923.jpg

post-60938-0-16019900-1314290166.jpg

its good to introduce youngsters to the sport. good write up.sounds like you and your nephew had a enjoyable day. do you not have a marking dog? hope you and your nephew have many good days this season. atb.

its good to introduce youngsters to the sport. good write up.sounds like you and your nephew had a enjoyable day. do you not have a marking dog? hope you and your nephew have many good days this season. atb.

yes pal it was a good day out my nephew is really keen he's on the phone nearly every day to see if im going out with dogs or ferrets i was letting him use the locator today for the first time and he didnt to to bad with it. i normally take my mates spanial out to mark the holes but i couldnt get it today. atb for the season pal :thumbs: