Bull x whippet v bull x greyhound.

all the little chavs that had staffs and thought they was well ard a few years back, finally learnt that staffs dont really do all that much and dog fighting is illegal and probably couldnt bare to see there little dogy get mamed anyway, so they bred em to whippets so they could boast about the little chavamuffin killin some rabbits they poached off the local farm. Alot of these lads are the reason i struggle to get new permission. Im sure not all the owners of this breed are as described above but i dont think they do much for the lurcher breed or at least not a much as a ghx

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Maybe a lot the people who own Bull/Whip couldn't make their point and argue their side as they were out working their dogs   I've got 2 first X's here, Dam - Bull X Sire - 3/4 X 1/4 Grey and they

I don't think a bullwhippet is forward if anything you going backwards you taking the size and power away from the bullx how can you compare a 20-22tts bullwhippet to a 26-28tts big powerfull bullgrey

No one is backing the bullwhippet on this thread because they will never beat a proper bullgreyhound on stuff with teeth!!! Atb cbx

No one is backing the bullwhippet on this thread because they will never beat a proper bullgreyhound on stuff with teeth!!! Atb cbx

thats what i thought mate but just thought id ask to see what other people had to say on the subject but it seems that theres not much support for the whippet/bull over the greyhound/bull so makes you wonder why theres so many ads up for them at the min??

Excatly mate there's loads of people using and breeding them but no one is saying nothing about working them or why they breeding them,they might be better on rabbits but when it comes to serious graft on stuff with teeth they just aint got the size or power to go the distance,they will fit inside a bullgreyhound lol atb cbx

av got a bull whippet bitch 15 months old took rabbits on the lamp easy and quick enough for now. a got her for day work with terriers she works the cover like a terrier and hopfully will turn out well there just smaller bullgreys but they wouldnt be my first choice of lamping dog

Edited by Bruen

'no good at the serious graft like teeth'

So you don't think a lamping dog that takes 15-20 rabbits doesn't put in as much graft as a dog that takes 1 Charlie?

Like if your only game is rabbit then your not a proper dogman?

• Like 1

Veedublee I respect all types of hunting and quarry mate but a bullx wasn't bred for rabbits mate they was bred for stuff with teeth mate and I aint saying a bullwhippet won't do 1 charlie a night but they won't do them in numbers like a bullgreyhound will and what can a bullwhippet offer more than a bullgreyhound??? Nothing mate they just make them smaller and weaker that's my oppion!!! Atb cbx

Paulis they do had deerhound into the mix for size and coat but you don't see many working deerhound nowdays and as for mastiff they don't come in the same league as a pitbull mate they nowhere near as game as a pitbull mate the was bred to kill,fight to the death and they more athletic than the mastiff so that's why people don't use mastiff,some people might mastiff It wouldn't be my choice of x that's my oppion!! Atb cbx

My mates got a bullx whip/grey a loverly looking bitch about 23-24 inch shes still young but everythings looking good she turns well very fast better acceleration than my big bullx but is tall enough to have a long stride when she gets going i think whippet is underated jmo :) atb

Edited by Big red 1990

Maybe a lot the people who own Bull/Whip couldn't make their point and argue their side as they were out working their dogs :whistling:

I've got 2 first X's here, Dam - Bull X Sire - 3/4 X 1/4 Grey and they work all right for me. Quick take off, quick on the turn, not too big and game to. As for not having the ' Sustenance ' to take bigger quarry i don't quite get it ? My dog is weighing in around 48lb and about 21 / 22"tts, so your telling me that him hitting you at around 30mph with a mouth with the strength of the bull isn't good enough ? Each to their own i suppose and that's what makes us all different :thumbs:

I must also add that i didn't breed these pup's purely for work and have other interests that i take part in. My dogs are primarily rabbiting dogs that take a knock and carry on with the speed and strength being them should the need arise. I can see both sides of the argument, I'll look forward to all the keyboard warriors putting they're 2 pence worth in :laugh:

As for whelping, my bitch was fine and didn't have any trouble at all. My Bull is just under 18tts and the sire was considerably bigger :yes:

• Like 2

We on about bullwhippets mark not bullwhippetgreyhounds mate I aint saying they won't do it but they won't do as much damage a good bullgreyhound will do!!! I'm no keyboard warrior blackstaff I graft my dogs hard mate week in week out!! Like you said each to they own I wouldn't have 1 when you can have a bullgreyhound atb cbx

We on about bullwhippets mark not bullwhippetgreyhounds mate I aint saying they won't do it but they won't do as much damage a good bullgreyhound will do!!! I'm no keyboard warrior blackstaff I graft my dogs hard mate week in week out!! Like you said each to they own I wouldn't have 1 when you can have a bullgreyhound atb cbx

No worries bud, nice to be able to have a sensible debate / discussion / chew the fat, ( whatever you want to call it ) without it turning into a slanging match ;) No doubt someone will be along to lower the tone at some point :D