BSA Meteor MK5 Refurb

This was kindly donated to be by a guy off Facebook who didnt have the time/spare cash to refurb it so I thought I'd have a go at one of these since the Relum turned out ok......

Initial stripdown reveald a bust breech seal, piston washer & seal had disintegrated, sear spring snapped and the mainspring was well worn, the rest of the components were in pretty good nick and just need degreasing and polishing.....

Photos so far....

The way it arrived after initial stripdown

_MG_8681.jpg

_MG_8682.jpg

_MG_8683.jpg

_MG_8684.jpg

_MG_8685.jpg

_MG_8686.jpg

_MG_8687.jpg

_MG_8688.jpg

_MG_8689.jpg

_MG_8690.jpg

Starting the restoration

_MG_8692.jpg

_MG_8693.jpg

_MG_8694.jpg

_MG_8695.jpg

More to be added soon......

Darryl

Edited by Marksman

Hi Darryl.

Looks like the old girl has had a rough life, bloody shame :yes:

In the picture showing the end of the barrel, with all that fur on the end, looks like hes poked it up the arse of a cat, or dog...could be a rabbit, cos he wouldnt have hit begger all with it in that state :laugh:

Hope the referb goes well, and look forward to see the progress, and finnished job :thumbs:

ATB.

Bill.

• 2 weeks later...

Managed to crack on with the refurb tonight and got it finished, here we go.....

The required parts needed for the repair...

_MG_9089.jpg

Rubbed down ready for paint

_MG_9091.jpg

_MG_9092.jpg

_MG_9093.jpg

_MG_9094.jpg

3 coats of acid etch primer

_MG_9095.jpg

_MG_9096.jpg

_MG_9097.jpg

_MG_9098.jpg

3 coats of satin black

_MG_9099.jpg

_MG_9101.jpg

_MG_9102.jpg

_MG_9103.jpg

_MG_9104.jpg

_MG_9106.jpg

The final outcome although the stock could do with some more coats of oil

_MG_9107.jpg

_MG_9108.jpg

_MG_9109.jpg

_MG_9110.jpg

_MG_9111.jpg

_MG_9112.jpg

_MG_9113.jpg

_MG_9114.jpg

Chrono results-AAF 15.9gr

_MG_9116.jpg

_MG_9117.jpg

_MG_9118.jpg

_MG_9119.jpg

Thanks for looking

Darryl

cheers for the replies folks..... Been told it's a Super Meteor too going off the shape of the stock apparently!

dont suppose anyone has an old 3-9x40 or 4x40 scope lying around doing nowt??....need one to put on it so I can have a proper play

Darryl

cheers for the replies folks..... Been told it's a Super Meteor too going off the shape of the stock apparently!

dont suppose anyone has an old 3-9x40 or 4x40 scope lying around doing nowt??....need one to put on it so I can have a proper play

Darryl

The gun looks good mate :thumbs: :thumbs: and where do you get the chrony from :thumbs:

Darryl

The gun looks good mate :thumbs: :thumbs: and where do you get the chrony from :thumbs:

cheers mate

here you go.... http://www.chronoscopes.com/

Darryl

cheers mate

here you go.... http://www.chronoscopes.com/

Thanks...